Intestinal gas dynamics: mechanisms and clinical relevance
- Gas Problems. Patterson, Jane // Saturday Evening Post;Mar86, Vol. 258 Issue 2, p110
Focuses on intestinal gas problem.
- Clinical Data Support that Psyllium Is Not Fermented in the Gut. McRorie, Johnson // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2013, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p1541
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Fiber and functional gastrointestinal disorders."
- Your Gut May Be Leaking. Lyon, Michael R. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jan2002, Issue 231, p46
Presents information on leaky gut syndrome. Effects and manifestations of leaky gut syndrome; Characteristics of people who suffer from leaky gut syndrome; Causes of leaky gut syndrome.
- Multidisciplinary Management of Gastrointestinal Fibrotic Stenosis in Crohn's Disease. Malgras, Brice; Pautrat, Karine; Dray, Xavier; Pasquier, Pierre; Valleur, Patrice; Pocard, Marc; Soyer, Philippe // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;May2015, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p1152
Crohn's disease (CD) is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that can involve virtually any part of the gastrointestinal tract. CD complications are the main indications for surgery. A large proportion of these interventions are due to stricturing disease. Although immunosuppressive treatments...
- Cronkhiteâ€“Canada syndrome six decades on: the many faces of an enigmatic disease. Slavik,, Tomas; Montgomery, Elizabeth Anne // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Oct2014, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p891
Cronkhiteâ€“Canada syndrome is a rare gastro-enterocolopathy of uncertain aetiology first described almost 60 years ago. It is characterised by diffuse gastrointestinal polyposis sparing only the oesophagus, ectodermal abnormalities and an unpredictable but often fatal clinical course. The...
- A Noninvasive Stable--Isotope Method to Simultaneously Assess Pancreatic Exocrine Function and Small Bowel Absorption. Deutsch, John C.; Santhosh-Kumar, Cherrupolil R.; Kolli, Venkateswara R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1995, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p2182
Objective: To determine if a single-step noninvasive stable isotope method of assessing digestive function could separate normal subjects from subjects with pancreatic insufficiency (maldigestion) or small bowel dysfunction (malabsorption) and to see if subjects with maldigestion could be...
- WHIPPLE'S DISEASE AND PAPILLEDEMA. Eisenstadt, H. B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1969, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p540
Presents an abstract of the study "Whipple's Disease and Papilledema," by Donald M. Switz, Thomas R. Casey and Gene V. Bogaty.
- STUDIES OF LACTOSE INTOLERANCE IN FAMILIES. Eisenstadt, H. B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1969, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p538
Presents an abstract of the study "Studies of Lactose Intolerance in Families," by Jack D. Welsh, Opal M. Zschiesche, Verne L. Willits Jr. and Lois Russell, published in the October 1968 issue of the journal "Archives of Internal Medicine."
- The Malabsorption State--A Review. Eisenstadt, H. B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1966, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p230
Presents information on malabsorption syndrome. Diseases associated to malabsorption state; Signs and symptoms of malabsorption syndrome; Results of clinical and roentgenological tests on the syndrome; Methods and tools used to aid diagnosis of the disease.