Forget the coffee, ginseng's in
- Today's headlines, tomorrow's world. Boukhari, Sophie // UNESCO Courier;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p43
Focuses on the media's vision in year 2000. Details on the study conducted by Explorer-Ipsos research and marketing institute on how the next millennium was being depicted by the press; Comments from Giulia Ceriani of Explorer-Ipsos; Examples on how the media view the life in the twenty-first...
- Professors' predictions (and excuses) as bad as psychics. // Skeptic;1999, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on a study on the accuracy of political experts' predictions. Overconfidence of the experts; Efforts to minimize errors; Popular defenses used by incorrect experts.
- Cloudy days in tomorrowland. // Newsweek;1/27/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p86
Quotes predictions made in the 20th century that have been proven false. Wilbur Wright on flying; H.G. Wells on submarines; Josephus Daniels on the likelihood of a Japanese attack on the United States; Other false predictions.
- Postcard from L.A. Whalen, John // New Yorker;09/06/99, Vol. 75 Issue 25, p26
Disproves the predictions of the late Hollywood celebrity psychic Criswell. Gathering at Boardners in Hollywood, California on August 18, 1999 to commemmorate Criswell's prediction that the world would end that day; Other doomed forecasts of Criswell.
- A Global Status Report: January 1, 2050. Glenn, Jerome C.; Gordon, Theodore J. // Humanist;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p27
No abstract available.
- Private Revelations and Prudence. // America;7/4/1959, Vol. 101 Issue 14, p486
The article focuses on the predictions of the coming of the Antichrist. In the 13th century Saint Bonaventure complained of hearing to satiety prophecies about the ills of the Church and the imminent end of the world. During the 16th century Italy endured a regular epidemic of such predictions,...
- 21 predictions for the 21st century. Moring, Mark // Campus Life;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p42
Presents amusing predictions for the 21st century. Retirement of Michael Jordan to play full-contact backgammon; Return of bell bottoms in a really big way; Change of Carman to Rocketman.
- Prognostications for 1996. // School Library Journal;Dec95, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p30
Highlights the predictions from the `American Demographics'. Librarians looked froward to new customers; Congress considered elimination of access to subsidized school lunches; Welfare-reform bill; Additional information.
- World War II anniversary serves warning for future. Burke, Justin; Zolotov, Andrei // Christian Science Monitor;1/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 36, p1
Discusses the views of some social scientists on the possiblilty of a major conflict in Europe in the future. Peace efforts in the world after the end of the World War II; Regional stability in Asia.