Tax plans scare New Mexico officials
- As Expected, More Insurance Tax Talk. Katz, Michelle // LAN: Life Association News;Mar1999, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the United States government's 1999 insurance-related tax proposals. Information on President Bill Clinton's Fiscal 2000 budget proposal; Industrial impact of the business-use insurance taxes; Federal taxes paid by life insurance companies between 1986 and 1995.
- German touring tax `a disaster' says promoter rep. Schoepe, Zenon // Pro Sound News;Mar96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p36
Reports on music concert promoters' reaction to a proposed legislation which will change in German withholding tax regulations. Failure of discussions between industry groups and the German Parliamentary State Secretary; Percentage increase of the penalty for touring artists; Impact of the...
- Petroleum Tax Reform Proposals in Norway and Denmark. Lund, Diderik // Energy Journal;2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p37
Provides information on petroleum tax reform proposals in Norway and Denmark. Features of the petroleum tax reform proposals; Problems in the implementation of the proposals; Principles and implementation of a neutral tax based on the standard assumption of value additivity.
- Industry still seeks premium tax relief. Swift, Shelley // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/8/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p19A
Reports that the Indiana insurance industry is hopeful that a bill lowering the state's premium tax will be passed this legislative session. Previous vetoing of the bill by Governor Frank O'Bannon because of budget concerns; Proposed lowering of the premium tax in a five-year period; Comparison...
- Restructuring UK PLC. Butler, Rick // Global Finance;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p6
Deals with tax measures passed by the British government for corporations. Net effect of the laws; Comment from Oliver Stocken, chief financial officer (CFO) of Barclays Bank; Impact on sharebuybacks.
- Making gifts before they become tax exempt can save you... Selznick, David R. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p37
Announces that on January 1, 1998 the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 begins phasing in an estate and gift tax unified credit equivalent increase, from the current $600,000 to $1 million. Changes in gift and estate tax exemption equivalent; Gift taxes as being less expensive than estate taxes; How...
- Little relief for contributors. Lawless, Brian // Money Marketing;9/20/2001, p72
Looks at the change in the way that income tax relief is given on self-employed contributions to pensions. Provisions of the income tax relief policy on personal contributions; Example of its application; Complications that arises from the policy.
- Charitable gift taxable. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Oct92, Vol. 110 Issue 1190, p106
Presents a tax case in Great Britain involving charitable gifts. Gift to a charity of shares in a close company which gave rise to a charge to capital transfer tax where the company had an interest in possession in a trust; High Court's decision in 'Powell-Cotton vs. IRC.'
- Illinois follows Florida lead to streamline telecom taxes. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the move of Illinois to enact a law that will streamline its multi-tiered taxes on telecommunications services. Effectivity of the law; Importance of the law to the telecommunication industry; Similar move of Florida.
- Significant 1999 California Tax Law Changes. Micheli, Chris // Journal of State Taxation;Spring2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p82
Summarizes California tax law changes made in 1999. Tax relief provisions in the state budget; Revenue impact of state budget tax relief package; Federal conformity legislation.