MSRB to make clear its rules don't trump federal law
- MSRB Proposes MA Qualification Exams. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;3/18/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34077, p1
The article informs that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has proposed to amend its rule on professional qualifications and test requirements related to U.S. municipal advisors (MAs) as of March 2014. Topics discussed include the plans to conduct survey of municipal advisors for...
- Municipal Advisor Registration: What You Need to Know. KREPS, BART; WARMATH, ALEXIS // Journal: American Water Works Association;Mar2014, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the impact of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act on the U.S. financial market and municipal entities. Topics discussed include the history of the Dodd-Frank Act that was born to address the global financial markets' meltdown in 2007-2008, the...
- Non-Dealer MAs: Supervision Rule Could Hurt Market. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;4/29/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34100, p1
The article focuses on the impact of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) proposed rule G-44 Rule G-44 Supervisory and Compliance Obligations of Municipal Advisors on non-dealer U.S. MA. Topics discussed include the release of warnings by the National Association of Independent Public...
- MSRB's Fee Proposal Unfair, Broker-Dealers Say. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33575, p2
The article reports on the statement of the broker-dealers regarding the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) fee proposal in the U.S.
- MSRB Revises Its Draft Rule on College Savings Plan. HEMMERDINGER, JONATHAN // Bond Buyer;11/28/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33820, p3
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has revised its draft rule that would create a new rule G-45 for underwriters.
- MSRB to Start Muni FA Registration, Rulemaking on Oct. 1. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/16/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33384, p5
The article reports on the notice issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board regarding the start of registration and rulemaking activities in the U.S.
- MSRB issues revised instructions for meeting G-36 requirements. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30294, p7
Presents information on a manual containing revised instructions for filling forms and keeping records in connection with G-36, which was issues by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). Information on the G-36; Comments from Christopher Taylor, executive director of the MSRB;...
- MSRB files rules changes on syndicate practices, FAs. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/26/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30299, p1
Presents information on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking board of Washington which filed a notice with the Securities and Exchange Commission announcing the next phrase of its transaction reporting program. Indepth look at the time set for the program.
- MSRB proposes G-36 changes for commercial paper issues. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30348, p1
Focuses on the proposed amendment to Rule G-36 filed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to clarify that underwriters of commercial paper issues can comply with the rule by filing only one official statement with the board. Benefits of the amendment to underwriters; US Securities and...