Funds look like bargains as rates stay low, discounts shrink
- Closed-end mutual funds. Rowe, S. // Black Enterprise;Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p31
How closed-end mutual funds differ from open-end mutual funds; Advantages of closed-end funds; Venture funds; Where to buy them.
- Closed-End Fund Discounts: Pedagogical Note. Caks, John; Zarruk, Emilio R. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p95
Presents an exercise in the application of a common stock valuation model to the analysis of closed-end funds discount. Impact of small but permanent changes in cash flows capitalized over time; Transaction costs as justification for closed-end funds discount in an efficient market.
- Investor sentiment and the closed-end fund evidence: Impact... Leonard, David C.; Shull, David M. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Spring96, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p117
Focuses on a study which analyses the comovement of closed-end fund and small firm returns. What comovement is ascribed to; What is detected from empirical tests for period during July 1965 to March 1980; When comovement disappeared; Data and screening procedures used; Empirical results;...
- Big discounts. Big deal. Geer Jr., John F. // Financial World;9/16/96, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p62
Gives advice on investing in closed-end funds in the United States. Purchase of a fund below net asset values; Trick in looking past the price to make sure there is a catalyst; Glut of discounts on closed-end funds.
- Exit of less-experienced investors helps narrow discounts. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p12
Reports that the drop out of less sophisticated investors in municipal bond closed-end funds in the United States in 1996 which enabled the funds to narrow down their discounts. Scant evidence found of tax-selling during the year; Level of sophistication returning to the market; Movement of...
- Encounters of the closed kind. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p51
Examines the advantages of closed-end funds over open-ends funds. Helpful insights on planning to invest in closed-end funds; Investing in World Equity Benchmark Shares.
- Get $1 worth of stock for 80 cents. Mangan, Doreen // Medical Economics;11/25/96, Vol. 73 Issue 22, p97
Focuses on closed-end funds. Fixed number of shares that trade on stock exchanges; Buy-and-hold investments; Less pressure for fund managers; Advice for buying closed-end funds.
- Abstracts. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep90, Vol. 18 Issue 3, Number 3 p114
Presents an abstract of the article `Value Additivity Versus Clientele Effects,' by Edward M. Miller. Value additivity and clientele effect in Closed-end investment funds.
- Close-end funds, open-end returns. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;6/5/97, Vol. 89 Issue 133, p9
Reports on the trading of closed-end mutual funds in New York. Discount price at which funds were traded; Limited shares of closed-end funds. INSETS: Mutual fund performance.;Top closed-end performers.;Tips for buying closed-end funds..
- How you can profit when a closed-end fund opens its doors. McDonald, Duff // Money;Dec1995, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p57
Reports on the conversion to open-end status of the selling of closed-end fund. Transformations which occurred in 1995; Percentages.