Bankers, executives appeal to Gingrich to move on financial modernization bill
- ABA Glass-Steagall program underway. // Banking;Mar79, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p40
Deals with the move of the American Bankers Association Trust Division to prepare a campaign to air the issue on the amendment of the Glass-Steagall Act on revenue bonds in U.S. banking. Legal changes sought by trust officers; Arguments on the adaptability of the banking law; Claims of bank...
- Thrifts Insist They're Not Caving on Reform. Anason, Dean // American Banker;8/11/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 153, p2
Focuses on the assurance by the America's Community Bankers (ACB) that it will not compromise its representation of thrift institutions in the United States on financial legislative reforms affected by its proposed merger with the American Bankers Association. Continuation of ACB's lobbying...
- ABA Votes Against House Bill To Achieve Financial Reform. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;7/15/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 134, p2
Reports that the American Bankers Association (ABA) voted to oppose financial modernization legislation pending in the United States House unless lawmakers make significant changes. Provisions opposed by the ABA.
- Interest-rate controls: up front, again. Smith, Edward F. // Banking;Sep78, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the issue regarding the Interest Rate Control Act, which was enacted by the U.S. Congress in 1966. Other banking issues tackled by the U.S. Congress; Move of the U.S. Congress before the expiration of the Interest Rate Control Act; Testimony of A.A. Milligan, president of the American...
- Advocacy for You and by You. Keating, Frank // Virginia Banking;Jan/Feb2014, p11
The article presents information on the adoption of priority policy positions by the American Bankers Association's (ABA) Government Relations Council Administrative Committee for 2014. The priority policy positions unite the banking industry in both common purposes as well as shared goals....
- Congress enacts a banking bill... Smith, Edward F. // Banking;Nov78, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the approval of the Financial Institutions Regulatory and Interest Rate Control Act by the U.S. Congress on October 15, 1978. Overview of the legislation; Significance of the bill to interest rate ceilings for banks and thrifts; Reaction of the American Bankers Association to the...
- Washington. Miles, Thomas W. // Banking;Mar71, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p30
Previews the banking legislation to be tackled by the 92nd U.S. Congress in 1971. Implications of the extension of the Interest Rate Control Act; Stance of the American Bankers Association on interest control; Impact of Regulation Q on commercial banks.
- Tips for getting a mortgage. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/12/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 28, p21
Provides tips for potential homebuyers on how to get a mortgage based on the recommendation of the American Bankers Association in the U.S. Consideration of the percentage of traditional mortgage financing packages; Cost of repairs and maintenance; Importance of financial planning.
- FASB PROPOSALS FALL SHORT. Ginovsky, John // Community Banker;Oct2008, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p19
The article reports on the concerns of the American Bankers Association (ABA) over the proposal of the U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) to amend FASB Statement Number 133 regarding accounting for hedging activities. ABA believes the proposed changes would produce accounting...