Utility countersued over bankruptcy of Florida plants
- Upgrading RPV tensioning shortens refueling outages. // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p63
Reports on the reactor-pressure-vessel (RPV) tensioning device of Florida Power & Light Co.'s (FP&L) Saint Lucie nuclear generating station to shorten refueling outages. Number of days of completing refueling outage; Installation of Teflon seals.
- Innovation from within makes Turkey Point tops. Hylko, James M. // Power;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 143 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on Florida Power & Light Company's Turkey Point nuclear power plant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Achievements of the power plant; Factors that contribute to the company's success; Details on its operations. INSET: Split calibration program saves dollars and man-hours.
- Huge repowering slated in Florida. // Power;May/Jun98, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p10
Highlights the plans of the Florida Power and Light Company to expand generating capabilities by re-powering three of its units due to customer demands. How much money the renovations is expected to costs; Identification of the plants which are slated for renovations; Detailed information on...
- Florida says no Orimulsion. Rigual, Luis R.; Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);Sep98, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p22
Reports that Florida Governor Lawton Chiles has denied an application made by Florida Power and Light Co. to convert its oil-fired power plant to use Orimulsion.
- Promises of advanced technology realized at Martin. Swanekamp, Robert // Power;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 140 Issue 8, p44
Presents the combination gas-and-oil-fired electric power-plant in Florida owned by the Florida Power & Light Co. which was given a 1996 Powerplant Award. Expansion program for the facility; Phases of implementing improvement programs to boost the facility's performance; Challenges in upgrading...
- Florida utility aims to be first in U.S. to run plant on bitumen. Phair, Matthew // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/13/97, Vol. 239 Issue 15, p14
Reports on a move by Florida Power & Light to have the first American power plant that can burn emulsified bitumen, a petroleum byproduct mixed with water. Conversion of oil-fired plant near Tampa, Florid to run fuel called Orimulsion; Environmental concerns about the fuel; Worldwide resistance...
- Clean, dry air essential for Florida clean coal facility. // Power Engineering;Apr96, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p54
Focuses on the emphasis on clean air emissions by Florida Power & Light for its coal-fired power plants in Indiantown Martin, Florida. Use of compressed air in the power plant's dryers; Use of a pressure dew point.
- Florida Power installs peaking turbine. // Modern Power Systems;Jan94, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
Reports that Florida Power plans to install a gas turbine for peaking duty at its Intercession City plant southwest of Orlando.
- FP&L to repower plant with natural gas. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep99, Vol. 226 Issue 9, p4
Reports on Florida Power & Light's plan to repower its plant in Fort Myers, Florida from oil to natural gas. Improvements in the plant's capacity as a result of its upgrade into a state-of-the-art natural gas facility.