- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p86
The article presents brief information on newly launched fire prevention equipments. It is informed that Fire Facilities Inc. has designed a collapsible roof railing, a sturdy 42-inch high system that folds flat for transportation on a mobile burn trailer and is easily tipped up and locked in...
- New techniques and testing make firestopping complex. McLaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May99, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p31
Discusses firestopping measures in installing telecommunication cables. Criteria for selecting firestopping equipment; Testing; Technologies for protecting pipes and cables; Firms offering firestopping products.
- Fighting fire without water. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Aug2009, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p48
The article presents a case study of a water-free system that saved a financial institution's computer room and data center equipments from fires in Chicago, Illinois. The financial institution had employed Fike Corp. to install the FM-200 for the protection of all equipments in the building....
- PREVENTING ARC FLASH INCIDENTS BY DESIGN. Young, Bruce W. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Winter2012 Pure Power Supplement, p2
The article focuses on the prevention of arc flash incident caused by an electrical arc's release of energy. It states that the measurement used for arc flash is by arc flash energy incident. Furthermore, it says that an appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) is a requisite when engaged...
- PRODUCT GUIDE. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, Special section p44
The article lists several fire safety equipment offered by various companies including aerosol generators from FirePro Systems Ltd., beam detectors from Ampac Europe Ltd., and combination detectors from BSI Product Services.
- Firex Roadshow heads north. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p16
Preview the Firex North 2004, a roadshow for installers, specifiers and end-users of fire protection and prevention products, to be held at the Harrogate International Center in North Yorkshire, England on October 19 and 20. Topics; Exhibitors; Highlights.
- Town hall refuge comms. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p46
The article evaluates the Refuge Alerter system.
- 2020 Fire Protection Systems Market (FPS) Forecasts and Analysis of Technologies, Products, Services, Verticals, and Regions. // Sensors;1/9/2015, p3
The article discusses the "Fire Protection Systems Market by Technology Products Services, Verticals and Geography - Analysis and Forecast to 2013 - 2020" global research report available at the market research website ReportsnReports.com which projects growth of fire protection systems market.
- Simplifying assembly process. Remich Jr., Norman C. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul93, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p47
Features Therm-O-Disc's Microtemp thermal cutoffs for appliance protection from overtemperature condition. Assembly parts; Mechanism.