- Pry Harder. // Fire Chief;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p88
The article presents an update on latest offerings in the rescue and extrication equipments for fire services. TNT Rescue Systems Inc. has designed a forcible-entry tool, which reduces the number of pinch points and allows for quick operation with the included hand pump. Further, the fire...
- New techniques and testing make firestopping complex. McLaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May99, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p31
Discusses firestopping measures in installing telecommunication cables. Criteria for selecting firestopping equipment; Testing; Technologies for protecting pipes and cables; Firms offering firestopping products.
- Fighting fire without water. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Aug2009, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p48
The article presents a case study of a water-free system that saved a financial institution's computer room and data center equipments from fires in Chicago, Illinois. The financial institution had employed Fike Corp. to install the FM-200 for the protection of all equipments in the building....
- Industry seminar programme. // Fire Safety Engineering;Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p34
A list of seminars on applied technology in the fire protection sphere will be conducted by the Fire Industry Confederation for professionals within the industry in Birmingham, England on May 22, 2007 is presented. They include Extinguishing Technology, Fire Detection & Alarms, and Fire...
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT IN WILDFIRE ENTRAPMENTS. Mangan, Richard J. // Fire Management Notes;1995, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p9
At U.S.-based Missoula Technology and Development Center (MTDC) fire equipment specialists routinely investigate wildland fire entrapments to ensure that firefighting equipment and techniques are appropriate. Fire shelters were used to protect some firefighters from high levels of radiant heat...
- PREVENTING ARC FLASH INCIDENTS BY DESIGN. Young, Bruce W. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Winter2012 Pure Power Supplement, p2
The article focuses on the prevention of arc flash incident caused by an electrical arc's release of energy. It states that the measurement used for arc flash is by arc flash energy incident. Furthermore, it says that an appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) is a requisite when engaged...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p121
The article offers information on several firefighting equipment including 1st Attack Engineering off-road fire-rescue truck, E-ONE pumper and Pierce rescue pumper.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Mar2005, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p76
Features several equipments for firefighters. 30-gallon Mini Barrel Pac which is an instant modular spill station for those sites that require handy spill capacity in a small size; Metro 1 Series that offers the simplicity of a fixed-gall on age nozzle combined with the flexibility of multiple...
- NEW HEIGHTS. Pauli, Kent // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p76
Discusses trends that focus on ways to improve firefighting performance, save time and enhance firefighter safety. Firefighting capabilities and performance of aerial ladders and platforms; Preconnects and preplumbed hose boxes; Monitors that can handle the higher flow rates.