- Responding to a Suicide Bombing Incident. Vernon, August // Fire Engineering;Sep2007 Supplement, Vol. 160, p4
The article offers strategies for fire fighters in response to a suicide bombing terrorist scenario. Law enforcement and paramedics work with fire fighters to create the emergency responding team. The coordinated effort requires clear procedures within an established comprehensive response plan.
- Comments from the Guest Editor. Dean, Geoff // Pakistan Journal of Criminology;Jan2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including counterterrorism, terrotist networks and suicide bombing.
- Technical and Policy Issues of Counterterrorism--A Primer for Physicists. Davis, Jay; Prosnitz, Don // Physics Today;Apr2003, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p39
Focuses on the role of physicists in counterterrorism. Emphasis on suicide bombings; Cycle of steps by terrorists in order to carry out a successful attack; Qualifications of physicists. INSETS: Attribute Measurement Technologies;Securing the Borders;An Operations Center project: From Civil to...
- Afterdeath Contact With Suicide Bombers. Wills-Brandon, Carla // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p181
Editorial. Comments on the medium of contacting suicide bomber. Oppression suffered by Palestinians; Consequences of violent act.
- Iran establishes new terror organ to bring neighboring Islamic states into line. // Geo-Strategy Direct;5/2/2007, p11
The article reports on the decision of Iran to form a new terrorist organization meant for operations in Islamic states. According to the author, the job has been given to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). The Quds Force of the IRGC has been given responsibility for training, liaison...
- Fragile peace broken by bus bombings. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/3/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the suicide bombings by Hamas terrorists that claims the lives of Jews in the city of Beersheba, Israel. Casualties of the suicide bombing; Significance of the attack; Retaliation of the Israeli forces following the attack.
- Time to Get Tough. Gunaratna, Rohan // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/17/2005, Issue 41, p27
The article discusses how the Asian countries should respond to ever growing Islamic terrorism in the region. The recent suicide bombings in Bali Island, Indonesia, show that terrorists can go to any extent to spread terror. Though the threat of radical Islam in the region is confined to...
- Target Psychology: Understanding the Threat. Hughbank, Richard J. // Homeland Defense Journal;Sep2007, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on the psychological aspects of the U.S. military combat personnel towards female terrorists. It discusses a certain situation in Baghdad, Iraq wherein a female suicide bomber was surrounded by military. However, the rifleman was not able to pull the trigger due to the reason...
- THE PSYCHOLOGICAL APPROACH OF SUICIDE BOMBING: ARE THERE ANY SPECIFIC PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PERSONALITY CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MOTIVATION? PÉTER, László; URBÁN, Nóra // Military Science Review / HadtudomÃ¡nyi Szemle;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p138
In this paper we would like to give a detailed summary of psychological explanations of suicide terrorism. Our aim is to help understanding this horrible phenomenon and thinking about the possibilities of prevention. In this review we define the conception of terrorism and suicide bombing. The...