- U.S. customs are more curious than funny to outsiders. Reinfeld, Hesh // Business Journal (Central New York);2/18/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the author's views on the increase in outsourcing in India. Recollection of his conversation with an Indian call center agent; Aim of the author to investigate what Indians think about frustrated American callers; Citation of several statements from agents regarding the author's inquiry.
- Call center vendors must move with the times. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;June 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the trends affecting call centers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Onset of Internet Protocol technology; Approximate number of call centers in EMEA at the end of 2003; Shift in vertical markets; Necessity of multichannel capabilities.
- APCO Institute releases new Fire Service Dispatch Guidecards. // Fire Engineering;Jun2007, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p58
This article discusses Emergency Medical Dispatch, the dispatching of fire service during emergency calls, and how APCO Institute has released fire service dispatch cards. The cards are available in paper and electronic formats and are customized to meet the needs and resources of the individual...
- AN ALGORITHM FOR THE INITIAL DISPATCH OF FIRE COMPANIES. Ignall, E.; Carter, G.; Rider, K. // Management Science;Apr1982, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p366
In response to an incoming fire alarm, someone must decide how many and which engine and ladder companies (firefighters and their apparatus) to dispatch to the scene. Traditional dispatching policies assume that all of the designated companies are available at the time the alarm is received....
- Telephone Call Centers:Tutorial,Review, and Research Prospects. Gans, Noah; Koole, Ger; Mandelbaum, Avishai // Manufacturing & Service Operations Management;Spring2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p79
Telephone call centers are an integral part of many businesses, and their economic role is significant and growing. They are also fascinating sociotechnical systems in which the behavior of customers and employees is closely intertwined with physical performance measures. In these environments...
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Technology;February 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p34
Reports developments related to technology as of February 2003. Growth rate of call centers in the U.S.; Analysis of strategic and technology developments in retail banking distribution channels; Impact of change in the call center market.
- Survivors unite. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;11/8/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p42
Discusses the prospect of the operations support systems (OSS) software sector of the U.S. telecommunication industry in 2005. Projected global OSS spending; Industry consolidation; Chance of vendors to address both business and operational transformation changes in the area of self-service in...
- HELPDESK FROM HELL. Kelly, Benedict // Finweek;7/10/2008, p18
The article evaluates the telephone helpdesk of Telkom company. He states that he was put into the call queue of the company and instructed to wait for a call back for his turn to speak to a consultant. His experiences with the call-back system of Telkom are presented. He finds Telkom's...
- Neighborhood watch: a unique public partnership. Greer, Erin // American City & County Exclusive Insight;1/23/2014, p3
The article offers information on an emergency call response center that was created in Florida in 2013 through the partnership of the agencies Leon County Commission, the Tallahassee City Commission, and the Leon County Sheriff. Topics discussed include the emergency and administrative calls...