INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: RETAIL
- Retailer News . // DSN Retailing Today;06/24/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the sale of several Winn-Dixie stores in Texas in 2002. Reason for exiting the Texas market; Number of stores which have been closed; Market share of Wal-Mart in the area.
- RETAILER NEWS. // Retailing Today;10/8/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 15, p18
The article offers news briefs related to retail industry and corporate sector. Retail store A&P in September 2007 launched an online shopping service in New York City's Westchester County suburb. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is expanding its supercenter portfolio in Canada to 17 units. Gregory...
- Winn-Dixie Sells 102 Stores at Auction. // SN: Supermarket News;7/25/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the announcement of Jacksonville, Florida-based Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. that it has reached agreements to sell 102 stores to 30 buyers, most of whom plan to continue operating the locations as retail food outlets. Information on the company's stores; Amount that the company will...
- Supermarket Revitalization Efforts Cast Long Shadows. Merrefield, David // SN: Supermarket News;6/27/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 26, p10
Presents an opinion on the decision of Winn-Dixie Stores to sell or close several of its chains, manufacturing plans and distribution systems in the U.S. Effects of the company's downsizing on the country's workforce; Factors that contributed to the company's plans; Other supermarkets following...
- Winn-Dixie Plans to Exit 326 Locations in Cutback. Springer, Jon // SN: Supermarket News;6/27/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the plan of Winn-Dixie Stores to close or sell several of its stores, distribution centers and manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Reason behind the plan; Effects of the company's downsizing on its annual sales; Factors that contributed to the financial troubles of the company;...
- Winn-Dixie to Sell or Close 35 Stores. Springer, Jon // SN: Supermarket News;3/6/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the plan of retailer Winn-Dixie to sell or close stores. According to sources, twenty-eight of the 35 stores are in Florida, which may be significant as Winn-Dixie searches for buyers. Stores to be closed in Florida include nine locations in Winn-Dixie's Miami-Fort...
- Kroger Buys Six Thriftway Stores. // SN: Supermarket News;7/12/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 28, p19
Reports on the sale of Thriftway stores to Kroger by Winn-Dixie Stores in Ohio in 2004. Location of the stores; Plans of Kroger for the stores.
- SaveRite Exit Creates Opportunities. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;7/4/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the possible sale of the SaveRite discount stores of Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. in Atlanta, Georgia. Speculations of Michael Grant, executive vice president of Mimms Enterprises regarding the sale of the stores; Importance of the sale to real estate operators in the region; Competitors...
- Winn-Dixie to sell Texas, Oklahoma stores. // Drug Store News;6/17/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the decision of Winn-Dixie to sell its Texas and Oklahoma stores in June 2002. Number of Winn-Dixie units in the northern Texas region which supermarket operator Tyler has agreed to buy; Acquisition of the Oklahoma stores by GLN Inc.