INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT
- EXHIBITION BRIEFINGS. Dinglasan, Francesca // Boxoffice;Mar2004, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p22
The article offers news briefs on issues related to the entertainment industry as of March 2004. AMC Entertainment and Loews Cineplex have suspended merger talks. The annual box-office revenues in the U.S. is predicted by Dodona Research to surpass the $10 billion mark in 2006. Cinemark USA has...
- AMC, Loews toast merger completion. Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;1/27/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the completion of the merger of AMC Entertainment Inc. and Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp. in the U.S. The merged company operates 4,431 motion picture theaters across the country. It appointed Peter Brown as president of the new company. Moreover, it will use AMC...
- SCREEN SHOTS. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;8/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 31/32, SPECIAL REPORT. p28
Presents a list of film theater companies featuring independent films in the U.S. Total number of screens owned by AMC Entertainment Inc.; Percentage of screens owned by Pacific Theaters playing independent films; Overview on the distribution strategy of Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp.
- AMC Takes Advantage Of Fronthy Loan Market. Freed, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/16/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p11
The article discusses issues related to the $650 million "covenant-light" term loan being shopped by AMC Entertainment Inc. Investors are concerned that the success of the deal will lead to an unwelcome trend of issuer-friendly loans. Some cash-rich loan investors are worried that, with limited...
- CONSOLIDATION FEVER. // Film Journal International;Jun2002, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p4
Comments on the consolidation in the motion picture theater industry in the U.S. Details of the controlling interest taken by Onex in Loews Cineplex Entertainment; Acquisition of General Cinemas and Gulf States Theatres by AMC Entertainment; Rumors of a merger involving Cinemark Theatres.
- Loews Corp. not high on sharing name. Goldsmith, Jill; DiOrio, Carl // Variety;01/29/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the financial problems plaguing motion picture theater companies in the United States in 2000. Why Loews Corp. has denounced any connections with Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp.; Financial loss reported by Loews Cineplex in 200; Plans of AMC.
- CIRCUIT MASTER. Galloway, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/14/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 27, p27
The article states that, as the exhibition sector braces for a digital cinema rollout, AMC Entertainment Inc. hopes to lure audiences back to the movies with quality service and state-of-the-art facilities. More that four decades after its creation, AMC Entertainment finds itself at a...
- AMC AND LOEWS TO MERGE. Dinglasan, Francesca // Boxoffice;Aug2005, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p37
Reports on the merger plans of AMC Entertainment and Loews Cineplex Entertainment. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the merger.
- CROSSED CIRCUITS. Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;6/22/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 58, p1
Reports on the merger between AMC Entertainment Inc. and Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp. in Los Angeles, California. Implications for the agreement; Name of the merger; Location of the corporate headquarters.