Marrying Off the Progeny at Boeing
- B777-300ER Continues to Erode Popularity of B777-200ER. // Aircraft Value News;7/23/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p7
The article focuses on the effect of the introduction of the Boeing B777-300ER aircraft on the demand for the B777-200ER aircraft. It cites the factors that contributed to the on-going popularity of the B777-200ER. It details the improvements that have been made to the aircraft included in the...
- AW&ST PRODUCT BREAKTHROUGH AWARD WINNERS FOR 2005. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/7/2005, Vol. 163 Issue 18, p101
This article reports on the journal "Aviation Week and Space Technology,"'s product breakthrough awards winners for 2005. The year's five award winners, chosen from a field of 30 finalists, are: Boeing Co., for its Maintenance Performance Toolbox; UHL Research Associates, for its flight...
- SERVICE CHANGE. Boynton, Christine // Air Transport World;Jan2013, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p43
The article discusses the role of technology and data management in aircraft maintenance. Boeing Co. commercial aviation services senior vice president (SVP) Lou Mancini mentions the search of airlines for potential advantage to become successful from efficiencies in maintenance services to...
- Making converts. Nelms, Douglas W. // Air Transport World;Nov94, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p75
Reports on the increase in the all-cargo fleet as assessed by Boeing's 1994 World Air Cargo Forecast. Factors contributing to the increase; Financial viability of purchasing and converting aircraft; Upsurge in conversion market for 727 aircraft; Number of aircraft converted by Boeing in the...
- When Will It Break? Boeing Seeks Answer. Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/6/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p39
Reports on Boeing's aircraft diagnostic and prognostic service called Airplane Health Management (AHM) a set of software tools that are trying to automate the repeatable process of aircraft systems operation. History and principle of the concept; Objective of the AHM concept; Functionality of...
- Spares and repairs. Fiorino, Frances // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/10/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 15, p15
Reports that Guangzhou Maintenance Engineer Co. will become Boeing's parts maintenance base in China. Opening of a Boeing spare parts center in Beijing in 1994.
- Boeing will remove, repair... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/22/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 21, p18
Reports that Boeing will remove, repair and reinstall the fuel tank access doors on all of its in-production Seattle, Washington-built aircraft after paint flaking was discovered on one aircraft.
- Cooperative Linkups Seen As Key to Efficiency Gains. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/1/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 18, p40
Focuses on the predicted emergence of cooperative efforts among aircraft manufacturers in the United States to conduct airplane fleet maintenance. Growth of trend to outsource repair services; Business to business initiatives in the industry fueled by a growing recognition that individual firms...
- When worlds collide. Reed, Arthur // Air Transport World;Nov94, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p56
Reports on the collision course between airline maintenance shops and original equipment manufacturers (OEM). OEMs' encroachment on airline terrain; Battle for maintenance aftermarket; Airlines' reluctance to become involved in additional maintenance work.