Flying the Coop
- Fund-of-funds inflows down 40%. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;9/19/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p1
This article reports that the rate of cash flow to hedge funds is slowing precipitously in the U.S., with net inflows down nearly 40% in the first six months of this year. Sources are divided on the reasons, although many say the changing pattern of hedge fund investments by institutions is a...
- Sinking Ship? Terzo, Gerelyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/24/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 45, p8
The article focuses on the move of investors to redeem hedge funds in the U.S. The author explains that the redemptions have forced many funds to sell a wide range of securities like stocks and high-yield debt. Kenneth Heinz, president of Hedge Fund Research Inc. (HFR), points out that the...
- Risk monitoring system developed. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;10/14/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p8
Reports that Hedge Fund Research, Chicago has developed an internal risk monitoring system on hedge funds. Marketing prospects of system; Why the system was developed; How it operates; Client for which system was developed.
- Consultancy cashes in on hedging's popularity. Benjamin, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p26
Reports on Hedge Fund Research LLC's launching of a service that provides independent financial advisers online access to hedge funds in the United States. Goals of the company for the service; Current conditions in the hedge fund market; Hedge's agreements with firms representing more than 200...
- Hedge funds gain in Feb. // Asian Investor;Apr2010, p51
The article reports on the gain of 0.52% by the Hedge Fund Research Inc. (HFRI) Fund Weighted Composite Index for February 2010.
- Asian hedge funds suffer net outf tows in early '10. // Asian Investor;Jun2010, p74
The article reports on the survey conducted by Chicago-based Hedge Fund Research Inc. (HFRI) regarding the net outflows suffered by Asian hedge funds in early 2010.
- InBrief -- Finance. Soule, Alexander // Westchester County Business Journal;1/19/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p8
The article offers new briefs related to finance in the U.S. Hedge Fund Research Inc. has tallied its final figure for 2008 and estimate hedge funds globally lost 18% of their value on average. "The Wall Street Journal" reveals that JD Capita plan to continue running a $100 million fund focused...
- Hedge Funds Employ Less Leverage to Broaden Appeal. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/20/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that industry tracker Hedge Fund Research Inc. has revealed that hedge funds are employing less leverage in all investment capital to broaden appeal and boost returns.
- Hedge funds suffer poor performance in early 2010. // Asian Investor;Jul2010, p51
The article reports on the hedge fund research by Head Fund Research Inc. and Eurekahedge Pte Ltd., which says that hedge funds in Asia fall 5.67% and 3.91% excluding Japan in early 2010.