Decks Cleared For Distressed
- The jump-start effect in return series of long/short equity hedge funds. Viebig, Jan; Poddig, Thorsten // Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds;Nov2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p191
This study complements the literature on possible misreporting by hedge funds. Kernel density estimation shows that the likelihood of observing positive outliers in the first 3-month period is significantly larger than the likelihood of observing positive outliers in each of the following...
- The Most Important Climate Change Question: How Will Investors React? Stoner, Jr., Thomas H.; Backlund, Peter // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/14/2014, p3
The article analyzes how investors and businesses would react towards their limitations on emissions and how they will respond after realizing that climate change is posing problems for their operations and future income opportunities. Topics discussed include potential impact of climate change...
- Event-Driven Funds Still Feel the Love. Speizer, Irwin // AR Magazine;1/5/2015, p12
The article focuses on the continued interest shown by investors in hedge funds that invest in corporate events. Topics covered include the better performance of event-driven managers as shown by broader indexes, the launch of a federal crackdown on inversion deals in which companies merge with...
- Calpine Power Plant Project Loan Only Half Filled. J.M. // Bank Loan Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p10
Reports that investors have subscribed to only half of the $665 million term loan for Calpine Corp.'s Rocky Mountain and Riverside power plant projects. Investors' lack of access to parent company assets in a default scenario; Pending release of ratings for the loan.
- Separate accounts better for hedge fund investors. Bader, John M.; Clark, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;10/17/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p12
The article offers information on the maintenance of separate accounts for hedge fund investors.
- Hedge Funds: Risky Record Keeping? Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;11/19/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Reports on the studies conducted on Hedge funds. Misconceptions in the industry about hedge funds; Difficulties in assessing the value added by hedge funds to an investor's portfolio; Problems with hedge fund data.
- Are the risks of hedge fund investment 'unconventional'? Astleford, Peter // International Money Marketing;Nov2001, p14
Argues that the risks investors find when investing in hedge funds are not unconventional. Information on regulated investment funds and hedge funds; Countries that permit the limited promotion of hedge funds but restrict their use to investors who will invest.
- Schroders in European equity hedge offering. Smith, Hannah // Fund Strategy;3/15/2010, p7
The article offers information on the Schroder Gaia Egerton European Equity fund which is designed to give British and European investors easier access to hedge fund expertise.
- Report makes case for hedge fund-of-fund managers. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;10/15/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p37
Presents a case for hedge fund-of-fund managers in London, England. Purpose of hedge funds; Impact of increase in supply and demand on quality of the managers; Effect of high fees of hedge funds on investors.