A White Knight For Morgan Stanley?
- JPMorgan Chase Acquires Xign. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;5/18/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 96, p12
The article reports on a business acquisition made by JPMorgan Chase & Company during 2007. The financial institution acquired Internet servicing firm Xign Corporation. Xign, which offer electronic bill payments software, will be renamed JPMorgan Xign Corporation. JPMorgan plans to implement the...
- JPM Chase May Ape Wells' M&A Strategy. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;7/1/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 126, p20
Discusses the possibility that J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. will expand it's operations through small bank acquisitions. Focus on local bank mergers by Hal Pote, the vice chairman of retail financial services; Business strategies implemented by Charles Scharf, the head of retail financial services...
- Bank On Takeovers. // DRIP Investor;Feb2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p2
The article presents information on ongoing mergers in the U.S. banking sector, as of 2004. These include Bank of America's $81 million merger deal with FleetBoston Financial and JP Morgan & Chase Co.'s $40 million acquisition of Bank One. One of my DRIP holdings, Regions Financial...
- Bank One, J.P. Morgan Chase Propose Merger. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the merger plans of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank One Corp. in January 2004. Background of both companies; Terms of the merger plans; Significance of the plans.
- Bank moves on horizon. Petersen, Jeri; Rahen, Bruce // Fort Worth Business Press;10/22/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p1
This article reports on the merger of JPMorgan Chase-Bank One and Bank One in October 2004. Benefits of the banks from their mergers are assessed. The importance of the merger to the expansion of Compass is stated. Responses of other financial institutions to the merger are provided.
- WaMu Talking To JPMorgan? Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;1/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p1
The article reports that J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is planning to buy the nation's largest thrift Washington Mutual Inc. in the U.S. The author discusses the possible economic benefits of the deal for both companies. Information about the financial performance and operations for both companies are...
- Container Store Considers Choices. J. R. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/5/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p5
The article reports that specialty retailer The Container Store (TCS) is open for acquisition. TCS co-chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Kip Tindell informs that they will seek a path that retains the current management team and gives them continued operational control of the business....
- Benihana on the Block. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/6/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p8
This section offers news briefs on mergers and acquisitions as of September 2010. An announcement was made by Japanese restaurant chain Benihana Inc. in July about its plans to explore strategic alternatives which could include a possible sale. San Diego, California-based canned tuna company...
- JPM Said to Seek Stake in Chinese Broker. Bloomberg News // American Banker;11/29/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 227, p24
Reports that J.P. Morgan Chase ∓ Co. was reportedly in talks last week to take a major stake in the Chinese brokerage firm Chuancai Securities of Chengdu. Potential for the two companies to submit a plan seeking approval to the securities regulator within the next two months.