Sarbanes-Oxley: Frying the Small Fry
- BYE-BYE BUY-OUTS. Misonzhnik, Elaine // Retail Traffic;Sep2007, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p54
The article provides information related to the private equity firms. The biggest change private equity firms have to adjust to is the change in debt markets. To their credit, private equity players have been more careful about leverage than the corporate raiders of the 1980s. Debt plays a key...
- Plan Ahead When Considering M&A Deals. Berg, Joel // njbiz;9/25/2006 Supplement, Vol. 19, p28
The article offers tips for business owners on planning for mergers and acquisitions. It emphasizes the necessity for entrepreneurs to expand the customer base and production line and improve the management team. Financial records, debt and legal liabilities should also be considered by business...
- The Growing Role of Private Equity in the Water Industry. Maxwell, Steve // Journal: American Water Works Association;Jan2006, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p38
The article presents information on the demand of private equity (PE) in the U.S. water industry. It is observed that due to water shortages and water quality issues, many water companies are showing concern to buy assets and to establish a foothold in the water industry. PE firms are considered...
- TOP INTERNATIONALS DEALS. // Lawyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p23
The article presents several top international business deals. The $33 billion private equity consortium buyout of Tennessee's Hospital Corp. of America was the largest deal of its kind. New York's Cravath Swaine & Moore has advised International Business Machines Corp. on its $70 million...
- Already Improving, 2014 M&A Deals Look Brisk. VANCE CARIAGA // Investors Business Daily;2/10/2014, pA01
Analysts expect a brisk market for M&A deals in coming months amid an improving environment for financing and a desire on the part of well-capitalized companies to beef up their operations through buyouts.
- Why private equity firms are eager to buy businesses. O'Brien, George // New Hampshire Business Review;5/13/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p23
Reports on the factors that influenced the private equity firms to acquire businesses in New Hampshire. Types of buyers for companies; Strategic characteristics of the private equity firms; Interest of the private equity firms for service firms and food-related enterprises.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. Burnst, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/10/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 23, p43
Presents graphs and charts depicting private equity fundraising by state in the U.S. as of May 31, 2002. Amount of venture capital funds in millions; Names of company advisers; Ranks of business enterprises.
- Thinking outside the square. Wilkinson, John // Money Management;10/11/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of the 50% of Paradise Motorhomes' stock, a macadamia farm, Viking Rentals, and a coffee shop by fund manager Blue Sky Private Equity in Australia. According to Blue Sky director Mark Sowerby, the latest acquisition was in line with the company's aim of...
- Buyout Bits from MERGERS unleashed. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p30
The article offers new briefs related to corporate asset acquisitions in the U.S. in 2008. TSG Consumer Partners is targeting emerging consumer companies for its new dedicated investment fund, TSG Consumer Growth Fund. Kelso & Co. has finalized its investment vehicle, by taking in $5.1 billion...