Do Dealers Benefit By Trading Treasurys?
- EMERGING MARKET ECONOMIES AND GOVERNMENT PROMOTION OF SECURITIZATION. Arner, Douglas // Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law;Spring2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p505
The article discusses the emerging market economies and government promotion of securitization. It defines securitization as the process of transforming traditional forms of bilateral, illiquid financial relationship into freely tradable market instruments. It affirms that having appropriate...
- WHOLE BUSINESS SECURITIZATION IN EMERGING MARKETS. Hill, Claire A. // Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law;Spring2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p521
The article discusses the context of whole business securitization in emerging markets. The author explains how whole business securitization adds value through minimizing bankruptcy cost and discusses the combination of economies it offers. He affirms that whole business securitization is not a...
- ABS market gets down to work in Las Vegas. Mitchell, Donna // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p4
The article offers news briefs related to the asset backed securitization (ABS) market in the U.S. The Riderwood Group Inc. is marketing its first settlement ABS deal worth $140 million. ABN Amro inc. is going to send its investment vehicles such as the Orchid Funding Corp. to invest in emerging...
- Backed by EM paper, CDO Trabuco enters arid landscape. // Asset Securitization Report;11/11/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 44, p15
Reports on the launch of emerging-market CDO Trabuco in the U.S., in the last week of October 2002. Moodys' Investors Service and Standard & Poor's ratings for the collaterized debt obligation; Value of the transaction; Pricing.
- JPMorgan makes noticeable push into global foreign RMBS sector. // Asset Securitization Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p3
Reports the growing foreign RMBS securitization sector of the asset-backed securities (ABS) market in 2001 according to JPMorgan Securities. Transaction between Westpac Bank and JPMorgan in early March; Competition in the market; Illustration on the overall underwriter of ABS for the first five...
- LatAm Q3: Brazil all the rage. // Asset Securitization Report;10/20/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 40, p1
Focuses on the performance of asset-backed securitization in the third quarter of 2003. Improvement of the performance of nine Brazil-based issuers in the cross-border market; Total amount placed in asset-backed securitization; Increase in the number of foreign investors to Brazil; Growth of...
- FDI surpasses securitization as a capital flow source in LatAm. C.G. // Asset Securitization Report;3/26/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p16
Reports the trends in foreign direct investment (FDI). Performance of FDI in Latin America; Percentage accumulation of total flows of FDI in Brazil; Economic and institutional factors contributing the attraction of foreign investors.
- GLOBAL REPORT. // Asset Securitization Report;2/4/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p28
The article lists the Former Soviet Republics and Turkey Public Securitization for the February 4, 2008 which includes the deal Transalp 2 Securities Plc-A, Transalp 2 Securities Plc-B and BTA DPR Finance Co.
- Going against the emerging grain. Smith, James // Fund Strategy;5/31/2010, p16
The article discusses why investors should go against the emerging markets and invest more in continental Europe and Great Britain. It states that trading markets in Europe and Great Britain are lower than American markets. However, it notes that the low prices do not reflect corporate reality....