Cross cut line boosts IJM Timber capacity
- Production will cease if strike continues. // Cabinet Maker;1/4/2008, Issue 5570, p50
The article reports on the 1979 headline regarding the state of the furniture industry in Great Britain. The headline focuses on the possibility that furniture manufactures will stop their production lines if the road transport strike will continue. It notes that manufacturers will be forced to...
- Development of a manufacturing system for construction of school furniture. Quesada, Henry; Gazo, Rado // Forest Products Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p47
In order to address the school furniture problems that many underdeveloped countries face, Purdue University, in conjunction with the Institute of Technology of Costa Rica, previously developed a system for school furniture that is durable, strong, uses local small-diameter materials, and simple...
- A model for stock management in a woodprocessing and furniture manufacturing company. Oblak, Leon; Jelačicć, Denis; Motik, Darko; Grladinović, Tomislav // Wood Industry / Drvna Industrija;2007, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p173
Stock management includes processes such as stock monitoring, restocking i.e. ordering new stock and preventing stock sell-out. Stock is essential for smooth operation, supply and purchasing. This article develops a model for stock management in a hypothetical wood processing company, where part...
- Stores feel credit pinch. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;10/6/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the impact of credit crisis on furniture industry and trade in the U.S. According to the July 2008 survey conducted by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, nearly 65% of loan banks had made restrictions on their credit loans during the previous months,...
- CFMA installs 2001 board, honors four. // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p24
No abstract available.
- More case goods than usual introduced in Tupelo. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p18
Describes the furniture industry in Tupelo, Mississippi. Display of furnitures by wood companies previously introduced in San Francisco or High Point; Opportunities for retailers to offer feedbacks on products; Impact of the West Coast dock shutdown to the furniture industry.
- CAMPION A. PLATTS MOVEABLE FEAST. // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p46
Features Campion A. Platt Architects, a furniture store in New York City. Product lines; Information on its owner; Inclusions in its Campaign Collection of furniture.
- A SILVER LINING FOR SAN FRANCISCO. // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p50
Presents information on Eric Brand Furniture, a furniture store in Burlingame, California. Product lines; Information on its owner; Description of the craftmanship of its products.
- HUDSON VALLEY'S MIDCENTURY MAKEOVER. // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p52
Presents information on 20th Century Gallery, a furniture store in Hudson, New York. Product lines; Information on its owner; Examples of its exclusive collections.