More retailers (both large and small) view the new year with pessimism
- Billing department outsources services. // Credit Management;Nov97, p20
Reports that Lombard Tricity Finance has outsourced the print and distribution services of its customer billings department to Microgen Chronos. Functions of Microgen Chronos; Number of types of customer service letters process by Microgen.
- Talks between KPMG and LTF may enable manufacturers to recover Maples stock. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/13/98, Issue 5075, p2
Reports on the negotiations between liquidator KPMG and credit firm Lombard Tricity Finance (LTF) to settle LTF's claim from furniture company Maples. Amount of LTF's claim from Maples; LTF's gain of injunction against Maple's administrative receiver to prevent it from selling the stock;...
- Terms of LTF injunction remain secret. // Cabinet Maker;11/28/97, Issue 5066, p2
Discloses that the injunction filed by Lombard Tricity Finance against Deloitte & Touche and Maples has been altered by the British Court of Appeals.
- LTF gains Maples injunction. // Cabinet Maker;11/21/97, Issue 5065, p3
Reports that retail finance firm Lombard Tricity Finance has obtained an injunction against Maples and its receiver Deloitte & Touche LLP. Details of LTF's press statement.
- Abbey gets LTF habit. // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p3
Reports that Abbey National has acquired credit firm Lombard Tricity Finance from NatWest Financial Markets Group.
- A valid consumer credit agreement? Cooper, Stephanie; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Feb1989, Vol. 103 Issue 1146, p48
The article presents the Lombard Tricity Finance Ltd. v. Paton case. The British Court of Appeal had to decide whether a consumer credit contract complied with the requirements of the British Consumer Credit Act 1974 and The Consumer Credit Agreements Regulations 1983. Paton bought a computer on...
- Hot SOHO category now a staple in San Francisco. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p30
Focuses on increasing demand for small office home office (SOHO) furniture in San Francisco, California. Requirement for factories to increase volume in sales; Trend in designing furnishings from contemporary to traditional styles; Aspiration of furniture retailers to be well-informed on the...
- Why future's still bright for independent retailer. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p36
Discusses how independent retailers can cope with changes sweeping the furniture retailing market in Canada. Benefits and drawbacks of not joining a group or a franchise; Maximization of profits while minimizing costs; Role that independent retailers play in the growth of franchise networks and...
- October market said reflection of industry's strength. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the growth experienced by furniture retailers in the United States in October 2000. Rise in product placements; Factors attributing to such industry growth; Determination of furniture retailers to keep fighting for sales, despite the threats posed by external factors such as rising...