Ailing US retail scene could spread to the UK
- `Retailing 2005' foresees supercenters as hottest ticket. Longo, Don // Discount Store News;10/2/95, Vol. 34 Issue 19, pF3
Editorial. Discusses consulting firm Management Horizons' `Retailing 2005' report that forecasts the performance of the retail trade in the United States by the year 2005. Slowdown in growth in retail stores; Loss of share of conventional formats; Widening of gap between retail winners and...
- What does it mean? // Chain Store Age;Nov98, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p78
Explains how Management Horizons, a consulting division of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, defines a high performance retailer. Production of sustained median-or-above results based on three criteria; Use of data from all publicly traded North American retail companies.
- New intelligence system keeps tabs on rapidly changing retail scene. Finkelman, Bernice // Marketing News;10/15/73, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p8
The article presents information on the Retail Intelligence System (RIS), a jointly funded membership research service established by Columbus, Ohio-based Management Horizons (MH), which is a consulting, research and computer services firm. According to William R. Davidson, MH board chairman and...
- Consolidation naysayers should review the facts. Longo, Don // Discount Store News;10/3/94, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p14
Reports on a study released by Dun & Bradstreet and G.A. Wright Inc. on the United States retail trade which directly refutes a 1990 forecast by Management Horizons. Prediction made by Management for retailers; Employment growth indicated in the study; Retail trade classifications; Competitive...
- Shoppers turning to convenience stores. // Advertising Age;6/19/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 25, p3
Presents a chart indicating the consumer trends on convenience store shopping in the United States in 1995 according to a survey for the National Association of Convenience Stores by Management Horizons. Items most frequently bought at convenience stores; Percentage of convenience store...
- Supercenter watch. // Drug Store News;7/24/95, Vol. 17 Issue 11, pF4
Reports on the results of the study by Management Horizons on changes in frequent shopper patterns in the United States from 1992 to 1994. Growing popularity of supercenters; Performance by discount stores; Supermarkets.
- The French Connection. // Chain Store Age;Feb2002, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p154
Announces the publication of 2002/2003 Shopping Index for France by Management Horizons Europe. Importance of the index in the shopping locales of France; Information on the top shopping destinations in France.
- Pulling through the supply chain. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jul99, p12
Offers information on some factors to consider in supply chain according to Alistair Charatan, managing director of consultants Management Horizons Europe. Definition of continuous replenishment; Details on vendor managed inventory; Information on floor ready merchandise.
- Charting the cycles: Predictable patterns meet chaos theory. Moin, David; Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/25/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 58, p1
Questions the disappearance of business cycles. Vitality of apparel fabric sales; Comment from Carl Steidman, Management Horizons; View of other retailers about cycles; Remark about Calvin Klein; Analysis of business cycles. INSET: Interest in being well-dressed versus fashion-current..