Turnover up 30.7% in JLP winter sale
- Reading. // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p44
The article features the Reading shopping center in Great Britain. The town center has several major retailers including John Lewis, House of Fraser, Debenhams, Marks & Spencer, BhS and Woolworths. Reading also serves up Tesco, Asda, Safeway, Waitrose and Sainsbury's superstores.
- Blackouts won't faze Europe's biggest mall. // European Power News;Jul99, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on two Kent, England-based department stores' decision to purchase back-up generator sets. House of Fraser's installation of two units; John Lewis Partnership's acquisition of a Cummins Power Generation generator set.
- CRITIQUE RETAIL. Moran, Shaun // Marketing Direct (1366896X);May2008, p16
The author looks at several mailings from various retailers in Great Britain. He asserts that the one-piece Christmas mailer for House of Fraser is neither creative nor particularly well designed, yet he believes that the offer is good enough to receive a sufficient response. He notes that the...
- John Lewis plans major customer contact work. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);1/8/2004, p8
The John Lewis Partnership Ltd. is planning a major investment in relationship marketing to counter recent steps taken by rivals such as Debenhams PLC and House of Fraser PLC as of January 24, 2004. The staff-owned department store group, which endured a tough pre-Christmas trading period along...
- Mystery Shopper. // Housewares;Aug/Sep2008, Issue 216, p50
The article focuses on how three department stores on Oxford Street in London, England shape up on customer service in the mid-summer Sales season of 2008. Selfridges cookshop provided a large wall sign listing brands of various cookware products. Meanwhile, John Lewis Partnership has clear...
- Sales jump at HoF. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p5
Reports the increase in the sales of the department store chain House of Fraser PLC in Great Britain.
- Christmas cheer is thin on the ground. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/13/2002, Issue 5317, p4
Reports on the share bid of the furniture company House of Fraser from entrepreneur Tom Hunter. Details on the trading record of the firm; Increase of pre-tax loss of the company for six month operation; Prediction of stock market analysts on the operation of the firm.
- Select Content for HoF. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p4
Reports on the list of furniture retailers joining the Content by Conran show in Great Britain. Expansion plans of House of Fraser PLC; Floorspace allocations; Benefits of the show for the industry.
- House of Fraser sets a brand new approach. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p5
Reports on the House of Fraser's range of furniture for autumn/winter 2003. Plan of the chain to focus on the contemporary in its drive to be the best at brands; Upholstery from Vissers and Trend; Sales growth experienced by the company.