Lucky break for Essex retailer
- Chapmans unveils new window display. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/2010, Issue 5710, p12
The article reports on the expanded window display, from 12 square feet to 150 square feet, of furniture manufacturer Chapmans Furniture in Newcastle, England.
- It's the Dundee chainsaw massacre. // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2002, Issue 5296, p25
Describes the window display used by furniture store Suites Etc in Dundee, Scotland to promote its discount sale. Reactions of customers to the display.
- Shoppers switch on to shops for style. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p14
Highlights results of a survey of furniture shoppers in Great Britain, current as of March 26, 2004. Factors influencing the shopper choices of furniture; Age demographics; Social class; Home tenure; Extent by which in-store displays sway shopper ideas on what to buy. INSET: In focus.
- Henredon's revamped gallery program on track. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;7/6/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p25
The article reports on the decision of Henredon Furniture Industries Inc. to revamp its gallery program by giving it more in-house expertise and resources in the U.S. Since October 2008, it has already redesigned six galleries and has 15 new ones in the works bringing the number of Henredon...
- A strange way to drive sales. // Cabinet Maker;5/28/2004, Issue 5390, p6
Reports on the damage incurred by furniture retailer Glendevon Furnishings when a woman in her eighties crashed through the store's display window. Cost of repairing the window; Value of damaged stock.
- Window shopping. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p41
Discusses the need for planning in designing effective window displays for furniture retailers in Great Britain. Importance of a good window display to draw customers inside; Important criteria in window design; Other consideration involved such as designing a signage; Experience of several...
- Window shopping. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/13/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p14
Features the themes for window dressing at various stores in California. Family values at Los Angeles-based American Rag; Flower power at Diane's in Manhattan Beach; Good old beach blanket bingo at Val's Surf Shop in Los Angeles; Crops, shorts and athletic sandals at Nike Town in Los Angeles.
- Window wonderlands. Stern, Ellen // Gourmet;Dec93, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p66
Looks at window displays by various department stores in New York for the 1993 Christmas season. Bill Conard's design for Lord & Taylor's in Fifth Avenue; Spaeth Design's work for Saks Fifth Avenue; Barney's New York's display space created by instore designers.
- Fantasy, humor glisten in Yule windows. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/29/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 103, p6
Highlights window displays of retailers in New York City for the 1993 Christmas season. Themes on fantasy and comedy; Features of Saks Fifth Avenue's windows; Barney's New York; Macy's Herald Square; Lord & Taylor; Henri Bendel; Neiman Marcus; Marshall Field.