- Tune chatter out of tools. G.C.K. // Modern Machine Shop;Nov96, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p148
Discusses the use of tuned tooling in metalcutting procedures. Rigidity of shorter tools; Effectiveness of chatter in achieving a reasonable cutter length to diameter; Introduction of tuned tooling by Kennametal.
- Overriding the laws of hole production. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p124
Features that the Rotabroach 11,000-Series annular cutters from Hougen of Flint, Michigan. Problems prior to annular cutter use; Development of annular cutters; Cutter's modified arbor design.
- Which Insert? Check the footprint. Koepfer, G. Chris // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p152
Presents Rogers Tool Works' new line of inserts called PowrEdge for general purpose applications where changeover is frequent. Footprinting test applied to PowrEdge to determine its range; Maintenance of standards; Advantages to insert manufacturers.
- Mold and die finish milling. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p240
Features TurboCut, an external add-on system for NC and CNC machines by Omtronix Engineering. Features; Contact information.
- Burr-free cutting of thin wall medical tubing. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct95, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p300
Describes the method developed by Metal Cutting Corp. for cutting thin wall stainless steel and metal tubing. Use of abrasive wheels and proprietary support system; Contact information.
- A cut above. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug97, Issue 537, p9
Introduces the exothermic cutting device (ECD) designed for combat vehicle armor. Advantage over acetylene; Sizes of rods for the ECD; Contact information.
- `Baby Chuck' system. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Jul97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p220
Presents the Baby Chuck system of metal-cutting tools from Stanley Sheppard Co. Inc. Collet sizes available in the system; Suitability of the cutting tools' application with coolants; Contact information.
- Spotlight on slitter-scorers. // Paperboard Packaging;Feb97, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p71
Features metal cutting tools and equipment available as of February 1997. Includes fully automatic slitter-scorers from Fosber America; Flexible systems from MHI; Marquip Model III Quickset slitter-scorer; Channel Creasing Matrix's Marathon Matrix VF slitter-scorer.
- Decrease metalcutting time by up to 50 percent. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep95, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p256
Features a device from Chipblaster Inc.'s which helps improve a company's metal-cutting operations. Benefits; Contact information.