No IFC Primback ruling before 2000 as case goes to Europe
- Retailers: get your thinking caps on. Gordon, Gary // Housewares;Aug2010, Issue 232, p7
The author discusses the problems faced by retailers in Great Britain over the impending value-added tax (VAT) increase.
- Now is the time to act. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/2009, Issue 5667, p3
The article discusses the author's view on the need for retailers to establish ways in order to avoid crisis on the impending increase of the value-added tax (VAT) in Great Britain.
- Off-Trade News. Ruddy, John // Checkout;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p28
The article focuses on the response of retailers and consumers on the reduction in value-added tax (VAT) and excise duties in Ireland.
- CUMULATIVE INDEX. Buckett, Alan; Elliott, Graham // Accountancy;Apr97, Vol. 119 Issue 1244, p87
Focuses on the calculation of gross takings in retail schemes in Great Britain. Value-added tax charged on goods.
- Lawmakers & regulators resurrect a value-added tax and target stock options. Andreoli, Teresa // Discount Store News;5/16/94, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p103
Discusses the effects of new or proposed tax legislation on the American retail industry. Value Added Tax (VAT); Accounting charge on stock options; Potential elimination of the Targeted Jobs Tax Credit (TJTC).
- Retail Pharmacists. // Accountancy;Jan1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1049, p16
Reports that British value-added tax leaflet explains the special procedure available to pharmacists using VAT retail scheme.
- Sports nutrition VAT measures unresolved. Montague-Jones, Guy // Grocer;9/15/2012, p6
The article reports on the criticism by retailers and suppliers of sports nutrition products against the British government for its failure to clarify which products will be affected by the value added tax (VAT).
- PROBLEMS OF THE VALUE-ADDED TAX. Musgrave, Richard A. // National Tax Journal;Sep72, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p425
This article examines the case for introducing a federal retail or value-added tax (VAT) as a substitute for revenue from property, income or corporation tax. Proponents of the value-added tax like to point to the rush toward value-added taxation in European countries, the implication being that...
- Coordinating Federal and Provincial Sales Taxes: Lessons from the Canadian Experience. Bird, Richard M.; Mintz, Jack M.; Wilson, Thomas A. // National Tax Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p889
Canada has operated both a federal value--added tax (the GST) and two variants of provincial VATs for the last 15 years. In addition, several provinces have continued to operate retail sales taxes similar to those in most US states. A brief review of experience around the world with "two--level"...