News in brief
- Enesco in accents for the long haul. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p14
Reports the launching of Milieu home accent division by Enesco Home Gallery in North Carolina. Target of the company on existing gift retailers; Expansion of license programs; Introduction of product lines at the International Home Furnishings Market.
- Survey suggests specialization on wane. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, pS2
Presents a survey on lamps and lighting by Home Accents Today in the United States. Dependence of vendors on foreign sourcing; Dominance of specialty stores among retail sales; Participation of small businesses in the survey; Impact of the survey on the home accent furniture industry.
- Universe Study: Who answered the survey. // Home Accents Today;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, pS22
Discusses the United States home furnishings industry report '2000 Universe Study,' released by the 'Home Accents Today' magazine as of December 2000. Home furnishings vendors who participated in the study; Retail channels.
- MARKET EVENTS. // Home Accents Today;Jul2008, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p100
A calendar of events for the home accent industry in the U.S. in 2008 is presented, including the New York International Gift Fair from August 16 to 21, the Ankasa Open House-Home Textiles Market Week Reception in New York City on August 16, and the Barefoot Contessa-Celebrity Appearance and...
- Dwellings, Post & Gray open in Asheville, N.C. // Home Accents Today;Feb2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p41
This section offers news briefs on home furnishings store openings as of February 2010 including Dwellings and Post & Gray which both opened a new location in Asheville, North Carolina.
- Event overlap has no impact on rugs. Wyman, Lissa // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p49
Highlights the Atlanta Gift and Home Accents Show in Atlanta, Georgia. Presentation of latest style of rug products; Exhibitors of the event; Venue of exhibition.
- Record signs on at Mohawk Home. // Home Textiles Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the appointment of David Record as product manager for the bath category at the Sugar Valley, Georgia-based home furnishings company, Mohawk Home Co. Career background; Skills and expertise in management; Job responsibilities.
- Home centers. // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 1, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p14
Reports on developments related to the house furnishings industry and trade in the United States, as of December 1995. Includes Ernst Home Center's opening of its Homestyles departments; Rickel Home Center's deal for a credit facility; Lowe's plans to build a regional distribution center in Georgia.
- Home products. // Discount Store News;11/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p31
Presents developments concerning the home appliance industry in the United States as of November 20, 1995. Executive changes; Product releases.
- Home products. // Discount Store News;9/2/96, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p23
Presents news developments related to house furnishings industry and trade in the United States as of September 2, 1996. Includes specialty home store opened by Garden Ridge in Bridgeton, Missouri; Kodak Picture Guarantee policy for consumer satisfaction; Appointment of Mark Cordon as the...