Quick change at northern retailer's new head office
- Conroys consultant. // Cabinet Maker;01/16/98, Issue 5071, p3
Reports that Conroys has been expected to name a buying consultant by the end of January 1998.
- Prime site for Conroys' ...500,000 new store. // Cabinet Maker;03/27/98, Issue 5081, p4
Details the expansion of furniture retailer Conroys in Stockton, England. Amount invested by the company for its new store in the area; Market potential of the area.
- Second Sofazone for Conroys. // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p6
Reports on Conroys' investment in its second Sofazone branded store.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;08/04/2000, Issue 5199, p6
Announces the opening of Conroys' third SofaZone upholstery store in Doncaster, England.
- Mystery Shopper Middlebrough. // Cabinet Maker;05/04/2001, Issue 5236, p10
Presents a shopping experience at Conroys in Canon Park Close in Great Britain.
- Conroys calls off rebranding in the NE as margins improve. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/11/2001, Issue 5237, p1
Reports that Conroys has abandoned plans to rebrand its North East stores to its SofaZone format.
- Storm sinks Conroys beds. // Cabinet Maker;04/24/98, Issue 5085, p4
Reports that Northern retail chain Conroys lost 100,000 pounds worth of Slumberland beds when a storm hit its head office and distribution center in Stanley, County Durham, England on April 8, 1998. Damages inflicted on the distribution center; Furniture saved by the staff.
- Conroys completes NE jigsaw. // Cabinet Maker;07/10/98, Issue 5096, p5
Reports on Conroy's opening of a store at the Darlington Retail Park in Yorkshire, England on March 1999. Area of the store; Cost of the space; Feature of the voice of actor Robert Powell in the chain's television and radio advertising campaign.
- Gypsies 'no trouble' for Conroys as sales increase. Stanton, Justin // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p6
Reports on the sales gain posted by Conroys' furniture store in Tyne & Wear in July 1998 despite the presence of gypsy caravans on Conroys' car park in Great Britain. Group sales; Conroys' decision to quit buying group Associated Independent Stores.