- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;4/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p67
Presents an update on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as of April 19, 2001. Views of team-building guru Meredith Belbin on the difference between men and women in making decisions; Publication of the book `The Personnel Administration Handbook,' by John Forsaith and...
- Theories of evolution. Glover, Carol // People Management;4/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p40
Discusses a research of Meredith Belbin on the role played by gender diversity in team roles in the human resources (HR). Impact of gender diversity on problem solving; Information on the book 'Beyond the Team,' by Belbin; Categories of additional non-core work.
- Lights, camera, interaction. Strachan, Angus // People Management;9/16/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p44
Discusses the reason behind the application of the team role model developed by British management expert Meredith Belbin to creative projects. Reason behind the decline of the quality of the films of director Alfred Hitchcock; Responsibilities of the assistant director's team; Importance of...
- IPD training expands in response to skills drive. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p55
Presents the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) Training in developing training courses for human resource management. Key areas that comprises the IPD Training; IPDs activities.
- Effective management. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p61
Reports on the Institute of Personnel and Development's release of a practical program on developing management skills.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;05/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p64
Presents news briefs related to the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Conference and exhibition of the Northamptonshire branch; Conference on bullying in the workplace; Conference of the IPD in Ireland.
- A strategy where people make all the difference. Stevens, John // People Management;1/12/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p60
Explains how the Institute of Personnel and Development's (IPD) position paper `People make the difference' can help the need for a forward-looking strategy for managing and developing people. Issues described by the institute's consultative document called `Managing people--the changing...
- Don't forget your laptop. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p77
Features the exhibitors at the Harrogate 1997 national exhibition of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) in Great Britain. Highlights of the exhibition; Technological innovations provided by the exhibitors; Role of the innovations to employee development and personnel management...
- Institute News. // People Management;9/17/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p63
Presents news briefs relating to the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Approval given by Great Britain's Qualifications and Curriculum Authority; Course offered by IPD for human resource professionals; Publication released by the institute.