- In search of silver linings. Nguyen, Anh // Engineer (00137758);7/28/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 7753, p12
The article reports on the development of a recording material for holograms that can produce more life-like holographic displays by a group of European researchers. Researchers from the North East Wales Institute (NEWI) of Higher Education, Universite de Liege and Holographic Image Studio are...
- OptoClone color holograms replicate reality. Wallace, John // Laser Focus World;Jan2016, Vol. 52 Issue 1, following p22
The article offers information on the OptoClone color holograms developed by the Hans Bjelkhagen of the North East Wales Institute of Higher Education through Denisyuk method to replicate reality. Topics discussed include use of the to create 3-D images of valuable or ancient object part of...
- Becoming a Talent Magnet. Lee, David // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Present personnel management strategies to help businesses attract talented employees. Improvement of the quality of internal operations; Assessment of how well a company's management team treats employees; Importance of assessing a company's ability to satisfy the needs of internal customers.
- Get the most out of search firms. McCreary, Chip // Workforce;Aug97 Supplement Staffing, Vol. 76, p28
Discusses how a human resource (HR) manager can maximize chances of success from executive search firms. Key problem areas in understanding the state of executive search industry; Strategies for working with the search firms.
- A hire power. Perry, Phillip M. // American Nurseryman;10/01/99, Vol. 190 Issue 7, p75
Focuses on recruiting and retaining skilled employees in garden centers, growing operations and landscape firms in the United States. Maintenance of contact with good employees who have left the firm; Provision of reward programs for employees who refer possible employees; Use of networking;...
- SHARING IT OUT. Perrin, Sarah // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p44
Highlights the Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) scheme from Chancellor Gordon Brown which is aimed at fledgling high technology companies trying to attract people. Advantages of EMI over the Company Share Option Plan; Two basic choices of companies for share options schemes; Limitation of...
- HR comes of age. Losey, Michael // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p40
Discusses the evolution of human resource profession in the United States which has matured from an administrative support role to a key function in successful organizations. Reasons why some industries experienced difficulty in recruiting and retaining employees in the late 1800s; Actions...
- Raw recruits. Perry, Phillip M. // Materials Management in Health Care;Oct2000, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p25
No abstract available.
- Employers are using more honey to attract, keep staff. Clanton, Brett // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p14
Discusses how New Orleans, Louisiana employers are softening of their approach toward hiring new employees and treating existing ones. Increased competition for recruits; Changes in worker attitudes; Goal of preventing experienced employees from moving to bigger markets such as Atlanta, Georgia...