- Work-related stress gets a break. Aldred, Carolyn // Business Insurance;07/12/99, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p15
Reports on a British court award for work-related stress, which a former Birmingham City Council employee received on July 5, 1999. Constant review of the local authorities' policies towards stress-related illnesses; British employees' concern about stress issues in the workplace; Health and...
- Dial `O' for Outrage. Olson, Walter // Reason;Dec98, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p86
Discusses employment law. Principle of legal entitlement to workplace stress; Discussion on the case Cooley versus Carmike Cinemas.
- Workplace stress: relief for employers. // Accountancy;May2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1305, p89
Comments on legal action on large claims for damages by employees for occupational stress injury in Great Britain. Issuance of guidance on court dealings with occupational stress claims by the Court of Appeals; Considerations on the contingency of the claimants; Obligations of employers in the...
- Courting disaster. Beishon, Marc // Director;Oct2000, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p141
Addresses legal issues concerning work-related upper-limb disorders in Great Britain. Number of cases against employers in 1999; Overview of a case relating to excessive workload; Responsibility of employers under the European directives and health-and-safety regulations.
- International laws challenge N.O. business. Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the specification of international labor law in New Orleans, Louisiana. Complaints of Peggy Beebe, senior vice president of human resources at TransOceanic Shipping pertainining to work related stress; Significance of personnel management; Role of private companies to provide health...
- Dealing with work-related stress. Douglas, Jo // NZ Business;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p61
The article discusses some measures that employers can use to resolve health problems incurred by employees due to stress. Details of the ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeal over the case, A-G v Gilbert, are discussed. Amendments to the Health and Safety in Employment Act are also presented....
- De-stressed or Distressed? Wharton, Lynda // New Zealand Management;Jul2003, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p45
Discusses the significance of the amendments to the Health & Safety in Employment Act which became effective on May 5, 2003 in New Zealand. Terms of the law regarding workplace stress; Response of the corporate wellness industry to the amendments; Causes of workplace stress; Description of how...
- INDIA's LABOUR REFORMS TARGET LABOUR ANARCHY & STRESS. // Eastern Worker;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p27
The article discusses labor reforms under the leadership of Indian prime minister Narendra Modi that aims to reduce labor volatility, workers' stress, and expand social security for workers.
- STRESS IN THE WORKPLACE. Bigham, Charlie // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4300, p52
Discusses ways to deal with complaints of stress, pressure and harassment from employees in Great Britain. Duty of employers under Section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974; Categories of risk identified by the Health & Safety Executive; Potential liability for unfair dismissal claims.