- In The News ï¿½. // HR Specialist;Feb2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p1
The article offers news briefs related to human resource management in the U.S. including the use of the social media Twitter in employee-employer dispute, strategies for training employees, and increased compensation rate for human resources (HR) specialties employees.
- LET THEM LEARN TWICE. Griggs, J.E. // Training & Development Journal;Aug70, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p49
Recounts a company's establishment of an effective training program. Assessment of the need for training; Involvement of management; Response of the employees to the program.
- What Motivates Trainees? Cohen, Debra J. // Training & Development Journal;Nov90, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p91
Examines the role of supervisory support and the pretraining environment on employee training and development programs. Argument that supervisory supportiveness will increase employees' motivation toward attending training; Positive correlation between goal perception and motivation. INSET:...
- Trust, Inspire, and Encourage. // Successful Supervisor;2015, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p2
The article offers tips for employers to become better coaches to their employees which include gaining the employees' trust, inspiring the employees, and encouraging the employees to practice their newly-developed skills.
- Training for Success. Bigelow, Peter // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Sep2007, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p14
This article offers insights about the significance of effective employee development and training program for a company. It is believed that finding, hiring and retraining good workers is the most challenging aspect of running a business. Several reasons why companies must deal with training...
- Human Resource Management Practices of Selected Companies. Anto, Manolo Logroño // European Journal of Business & Management;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p75
The purpose of this study was to assess the existing Human Resource Management (HRM) practices of selected companies in order to come up with a comprehensive HRM Program. This paper tests a hypothesis, there is no significant difference in the extent of use of HRM tools and techniques when the...
- Support is crucial when entering the 'learning state'. Jones, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/4/2011, p5
The article discusses the importance of a management's support in helping employees who are entering the learning state. It mentions that giving encouragement to such employees can boost their confidence and go through the learning process with ease knowing that many people are behind them. It...
- Effective Labor Relations. Haskell, Jack // Retail Merchandiser;Jun2000, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p102
Suggests three effective labor relations. Benefits of employer's positive treatment of employees; How to communicate with staff and solicit their feedback; Importance of management surveys; Tips on personnel management.
- HURRY UP AND WAIT. Ludwig, Elisa // PM Network;Jan2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p60
The article discusses the importance integrating new technology in project management. According to a financial consultant, a project manager must be quick in thinking and willing to try completely new ways of working to work such technology. In addition, any technology that is spread with...