Unions told: `get involved in training'
- TUC denies union election claims. Taylor, Chris // People Management;2/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p7
Reports that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) railworkers' union has warned against any outside interference in the replacement of former secretary Jimmy Knapp. Information on the published leaked document opposing candidate Bob Crow; Comments from an RMT spokesman on the document;...
- The gospel according to John. Simms, Jane // Director;Apr2000, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p56
Features John Monks, general secretary of the Trades Union Congress (TUC). His accomplishments for TUC; His role in the revival of trade unionism; How he views industrial relations.
- Employee Relations. // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p11
Presents news briefs related to employee relations in the United Kingdom as of August 1998. Status of talks between unions and management at Rover; Information on a campaign to be launched by Trades Union Congress to address workplace bullies.
- BRITISH WORKERS AND THEIR GOVERNMENT. Williams, David C. // New Republic;7/25/49, Vol. 121 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on the dissatisfaction of the British trade unionists with the government in Great Britain. Determination of the unions to restrict government intervention in labor-management relations; Comparison between British and American labor movements; Reason behind virtually compulsory...
- Union reps boost apprenticeship numbers -- and pay. // Podiatry Now;Aug2010, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses an effort by Great Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC) to encourage employers to create more apprenticeship programs.
- Cordial relations. Willock, Rob // Personnel Today;1/30/2007, p22
The article cites a research study focusing on the relationship between human resource (HR) executives and union representatives in an organization. The study has revealed that union representatives and their HR contacts enjoy a largely positive, professional working relationship. For the...
- TUC calls on government to extend the two-tier deal. // Public Private Finance;May2004, Issue 83, p1
Reports that the Trades Union Congress is calling on the Great Britain government to extend the two-tier workforce deal across Whitehall. Resentment being caused by the government's failure to extend the deal.
- TUC chief targets bosses in bid to reverse union decline. Pitcher, Greg // Personnel Today;4/24/2007, p3
The article reports on the call of Brendan Barber, general secretary of the Trades Union Congress to increase the trade union membership in Great Britain. According to Barber, encouraging employers to unionize their staff is the major focus for the union body. Barber asserts that he wants to see...
- Urtu backs out of TUC. // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the resignation of the truck-fleet drivers' union, Urtu from the Trades-Union Congress in Great Britain. Reason for the resignation.