- New code aims to tackle ageism in the workplace. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;9/3/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p16
Provides information on age discrimination in the workplace in Great Britain. Findings of the government's report `Action on Age'; Comment from Lucy Anderson, equity officer at the Trades Union Congress; Calls for legislation; Comments from Employment minister Andrew Smith; Information on the...
- Age Prejudice of 'Act Your Age' Ponzo, Zander // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Nov78, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p140
This article will increase awareness of age prejudice. Many are aware of it with reference to the elderly, but few sense its power and pervasiveness concerning people of all ages. Many life-style decisions are often adversely influenced by prejudicial attitudes, norms, and laws about age. The...
- Cross-National Perspectives on Age Discrimination. Hudson, Robert B.; Goodwin, James // Public Policy & Aging Report;Summer2012, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p2
The article discusses papers published within the issue, including one by Dominic Abrams et al. on ageism and another by Tay McNamara et al. on age discrimination.
- HATTIETUDES: Ageism Sucks! // SoHo Journal: The Magazine of Arts & Politics;Aug2014, p3
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of age discrimination at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.
- How to avoid age-discrimination lawsuits. Lee, Jose Luis Hung; Kleiner, Brian H. // Nonprofit World;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p22
Presents guidelines for nonprofit organizations in the United States to ensure they avoid age-discrimination lawsuits. Supreme Court rulings on ageism; Steps for eliminating ageism in the organization; Four common fallacies about older workers.
- Advancing the Sociology of Ageism. // Social Forces;Sep2007, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p257
The article discusses various reports addressing age discrimination published within the issue including one by Gee, Pavalko and Long dealing with perceived discrimination in the workplace and another by Yuan on ageism and mental health.
- 2014: Northern California. SCHEIBER, NOAM // Lapham's Quarterly;Summer2014, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p23
An excerpt from the article "The Brutal Ageism of Tech," by Paul Graham is presented which focuses on youth bias and age discrimination.
- Ageism hits one-third of workers. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;1/25/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the results of a survey indicating the extent of age discrimination in employment in Great Britain. Comparison between ageism, racism and sexism; Attitude of the government; Obstacles to a bill on age discrimination.
- Who bears brunt of ageism? Maeglin, Kathy // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p27
Discusses whether or not ageism would be worse for female workers than for male workers in the U.S. Number of age discrimination charges filed by men and women with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; Reason why there are more male workers who are filing age discrimination...