UK firms facing negligence claims from overseas staff
- Rio Tinto welcomes ACT decision on rail access. // World Mining News;2/11/2013, p11
The article reports on the decision of the Australian Competition Tribunal (ACT) that the Hamersley and Robe rail lines of global mining company Rio Tinto in the country should not be opened up to other users to prevent inefficiencies in running the railway.
- RIO TINTO DISCOVERS 12.76 CARAT PINK DIAMOND. // Jewellery World;Apr/May2012, p12
The article reports that the biggest pink rough diamond of Australia has been discovered at Rio Tinto PLC's Argyle mine in the East Kim berley region of Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto inks deal with Caterpillar; Five-year agreement is second consecutive products deal. // Mining Engineering;Nov2010, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p45
The article reports on a five-year contract signed by Caterpillar and Rio Tinto for the supply of Caterpillar equipment to the mines of Rio Tinto across the world.
- Rio Tinto's Bunder Project Bringing Education to Surrounding Communities. // IDEX Magazine;Sep2014, Issue 293, p86
The article reports that mining company Rio Tinto PLC has implemented several educational initiatives to improve opportunities for families in the communities surrounding the Bunder project in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Â£230M investment in Australia. // Mining & Quarry World;Dec2010, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p11
The article reports that Rio Tinto PLC will be investing 230 million U.S. dollars to implement Dampier Port expansion works resulting to an additional 5 million tonnes per annum (TPA) in Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Diamond foes now friends. Treadgold, Tim // BRW;10/11/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p70
Profiles Rio Tinto, an Australian entrepreneur in the diamond industry and trade. Business ventures; Career background; Views on the economy; Achievements.
- Rio still seeking Beauty buyer. // Packaging News;Mar2010, p2
The article reports that mining company Rio Tinto PLC is looking for a buyer for its remaining Alcan beauty packaging operations.
- Kennecott Energy to expand Cordero mine. // Coal Age;Sep96, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the plans of Kennecott Energy Company to expand production at Codero mine to 30 million tons per year. Comments from President Greg Boyce.
- Rio Tinto's coal production up in 1997. // Coal Age;Oct97, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the increase in the coal production of the Rio Tinto company for 1997. Percentage increase in the first-half earnings of Rio Tinto; Details on segment production for the first half of 1997; Output of Rio Tinto's Australian coal; Performance of coal companies in Indonesia, United...