Care and share alike
- Market Structure and Hospital Efficiency: Evaluating Potential Effects of Deregulation in a National Health Service. Dalmau-Matarrodona, Eul�lia; Jaume Puig-Junoy // Review of Industrial Organization;Aug1998, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p447
In this article we examine the potential effect of market structure on hospital technical efficiency as a measure of performance controlled by ownership arid regulation. This study is relevant to provide an evaluation of the potential effects of recommended and initiated deregulation policies in...
- Luther to help ABPl tackle NHS reforms. Pears, Elizabeth // PRWeek (London);2/10/2012, p10
The article reports on the decision of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry to call in Luther Pendragon to devise a long-term strategy to deal with controversial reforms by the National Health Service.
- Geographical and organisational variation in the structure of primary care services: implications for study design. Adams, Geoffrey; Gulliford, Martin; Ukoumunne, Obioha; Chinn, Susan; Campbell, Michael // Journal of Health Services Research & Policy;Apr2003, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p87
Aims: To evaluate the extent to which structural variation between English general practices is accounted for at higher organisational levels in the National Health Service (NHS). Methods: We analysed data for 11 structural characteristics of all general practices in England. These included...
- Public wants NHS to spend more on medicines. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Nov2014, Vol. 714 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the survey commissioned by the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) which stresses the demand of the public to increase the spending of the British National Health Service (NHS) on medications.
- VALUE-BASED PRICING: TOO HIGH A PRICE FOR UK PHARMA? Upton, Julian // Pharmaceutical Executive;May2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p38
The article focuses on the pricing in the pharmaceutical industry in Great Britain. The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) is supporting value-based pricing (VBP) as a framework for evaluating a future agreement with government. It is stated that the British National...
- Some Reflections on the National Health Service and its Reorganisation. Bonham-Carter, Desmond // Journal of General Management;Winter75, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on the organizational history and administrative structure of the National Health Service in Great Britain. The Service became available to the public in July 1948 following the enactment of the National Health Service Act in November 1946. Basically, the concept of the...
- Doctor know. Rowland, Hilary; Harris, Lynn // People Management;03/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p50
Discusses an attempt of the British National Health Service (NHS) to improve research and information management operations within the agency. Features required for development of knowledge management program; Technique used by clinical audit coordinator Jilly Alexander.
- Notes from the editor. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 50 Issue 4, preceding p1
Comments on the 50th anniversary of the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain. Debates about the NHS in the United States; Creation of culture among health care providers unrecognizable in the US; Achievements under the NHS.
- Trouble in Thatcherland. Gelb, N. // New Leader;3/20/89, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p6
Discusses the future of Britain's National Health Service (NHS) under reforms proposed by Health Minister Kenneth Clarke. Opposition of the British Medical Association (BMA) to the government's NHS plans.