Getting to Grips
- The men's movement gets a boost in the workplace. // Career World;Mar1993, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p19
Reports on the growing number of men who are discussing family issues at work. Father discussion groups at the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power; Subjects.
- Employee assistance programmes. Merrick, Neil // Employee Benefits;Feb2002, p43
Focuses on the employee assistance programs in Great Britain. Business benefits from offering counselling to employees; Risks of litigation by a stressed employee; Significance of electronic communications in enhancing workplace counselling.
- Withhold Your Advice On Personal Matters. // Successful Supervisor;Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
The article offers the author's insights on witholding one's advice on employee in discussing personal and emotional problems, and recommendation of human resource (HR) or professional from company's employee assistance program.
- Deskside help for trobled workers. Randle, Nancy // Workforce Management;Sep2003, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the trend in hiring outsourced chaplains by companies in the U.S. to help troubled workers. Number of pastors according to the National Institute of Business and Industrial Chaplains; Cost of the services of the chaplains; Motivation behind the hiring of outsourced chaplains.
- Denial: How it starts and how to make it stop. // Denial: How It Starts & How to Stop It;9/1/2007, Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the method of confrontation, which is used to help people recover from chemical dependence. Counselors uses the method to break denial of the person through repeated interrogation. A similar kind of process occurs in employee assistance programs (EAP's) where an alcoholic...
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMMES. Barrett, Sam // Employee Benefits;Jan2010, Special section p39
The article focuses on employee assistance programmes (EAPs) in Great Britain. EAPs are worksite-based programmes for supporting employers and employees with work and personal problems which include legal, health and bulling at work. It indicates that all EAPs include a 24-hour telephone line...
- Council gives EAP access. // Employee Benefits;June2004, p12
Reports on the access given by the Manchester City Council in England to its employees for a telephone counseling service to cut stress. Guidance that will be received by the employees regarding issues such as debt and bereavement; Comments of Jon Redfern, head of personnel at the council,...
- Initiating Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for a Corporate: An Experiential Learning. Nair, Priya; Xavier, Mario // IUP Journal of Organizational Behavior;Apr2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p67
Employee counseling at workplace is gaining prominence and has become the need of the hour. Competition for survival, performance for excellence and complexities of work design have contributed to enormous work-life stress among employees leading to depression and anxiety. Mentoring, Coaching,...
- Employers develop plan to assist victims of domestic violence. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;Dec2008, p8
The article reports on the national plan of major employers in the U.S. to better assist employees who are victims of domestic violence. The plan is entitled "S2 Blueprint for Action," which aims to call the attention of executives to focus on liability issues, legal mandates, employee...