- Vocational education in South Africa. // Adults Learning;Jan96, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p103
Reports that the Further Education Development Agency is organizing a ten day study visit to South Africa in March 1996. Setting up of teacher exchanges.
- Noticeboard. // Adults Learning;Feb96, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p130
Reports on adult continuing education developments for February 1996 in Great Britain. Participation of more adults in Council-funded provision; Release of a Greenwich Community College book chronicling the making of individual and community lives; Calendar of events from March 1-22, 1996.
- Guidance and learner support. Houghton, Ann-Marie; Oglesby, Katharine Leni // Adults Learning;Feb96, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p146
Reports on the pilot study undertaken by the Department of Continuing Education in Great Britain on threshold standards for work with continuing education students. Purpose; Consultation with colleagues on existing procedures and services; Five key principles underpinning guidance and learning...
- European year of lifelong learning. // Adults Learning;Apr96, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p186
Lists organizations which won successful bids for funding of lifelong learning projects in Great Britain, under the European Year of Lifelong Learning.
- Woolly thinking hampers view of a learning society. Welch, Jilly // People Management;1/8/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p9
Reports on concerns about the delay in the release of the British government's white paper on lifelong learning. Calls on the government to provide a clearer idea on who has responsibility for the financial, moral and practical issues of achieving a learning society; Disagreement between...
- Commentary. // Adults Learning;Apr96, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p182
Opinion. Reports on the launching of the Campaign for Learning in Great Britain. Importance of the campaign in lifelong learning; Result of a survey on attitudes to learning; Motivations for learning.
- The silent explosion--living in the learning society. FIELD, JOHN // Adults Learning;Dec98, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p6
Provides information on learning society in Great Britain. Discussion on lifelong learning; Sign of a learning society; Informal learning; Problems with learning society.
- IS THERE MADNESS IN THE METHOD? REPRESENTATIONS OF RESEARCH IN LIFELONG LEARNING. Edwards, Richard; Clarke, Julia; Harrison, Roger; Reeve, Fiona // Adult Education Quarterly;Feb2002, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p128
In the move from viewing research as purely technical, objective, and rational w understanding it as a social practice embedded in particular cultural, political, and historical contexts, we raise the question of how reality is represented in research practices and products. Thus, the purpose of...
- Minister launches CPD scheme. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec97, Issue 7, p6
Announces the launching of Great Britain's first competence-based Continuing Professional Development scheme by the Management Charter Initiative.