- Costs of new parliaments take fresh leap upwards. Meilton, David // Public Finance;11/03/2000, p12
Reports on the cost of the construction of the new Scottish Parliament. Landscaping and road realignment needed; Cost of accommodating the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff Bay, Wales.
- Labour and SNP in 'disgraceful' committee fix. // Public Finance;11/03/2000, p17
Reports on the plan of the Labour the Scottish Nationalist Party to cut the power of the Scottish Parliament's committee. Reduction of the size of the committees.
- It's time to stop blaming the referee. Moffat, Alistair // New Statesman;07/05/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4443, p29
Comments on the creation of the Scottish Parliament. Responsibilities of the people in ensuring that the parliament does it job; Importance of changing the political point of view of the people.
- Kirsty Milne. Milne, Kirsty // New Statesman;07/18/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4343, p14
Focuses on several issues dividing the members of the parliament in Scotland. Question on reserved powers; Issue of the deployment of the parliament's tax-raising powers; Debate on nuclear power; Disagreement over the creation of Scotland's own version of Monopolies and Mergers Commission.
- Gloom for improvement. Macwhirter, Iain // Public Finance;9/6/2002, p17
Focuses on the performance of the Scottish Parliament which was established in 1997. History of the establishment of the parliamentary system of government in the country; Economic conditions; Political situation; Foreign affairs.
- Round-up. // Public Finance;8/1/2003, p15
Reports on developments concerning the Scottish government as of August 7, 2003. Challenges to the Scottish National Party leadership of John Swinney; Public consultations being conducted by the Scottish Parliament on how best to hold ministers in the executive department to account; Failure of...
- Deliberative Process in Parliament c.1567-1639: Multicameralism and the Lords of the Articles. Macdonald, Alan R. // Scottish Historical Review;Apr2002, Vol. 81, 1 Issue 211, p23
Explores the nature of the meetings conducted by the members of the Scottish Parliament from 1567 to 1639 in separate estates while parliament was current. Significance of the meetings for the legislative process; Assessment of how Parliament should be understood; Structure and nature of...
- Designing the Scottish Parliament. Brown, Alice // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul2000, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p542
Describes the work and recommendations of the Consultative Steering Group within the context of the campaign for a Scottish Parliament. Historical background on the Scottish Parliament; Alteration of political context in 1997; Nature of the Consultative Steering Group; Adoption of the Steering...
- New Parliament, New Politics in Scotland. Mitchell, James // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul2000, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p605
Discusses the extent to which politics in Scotland has been changed and the degree of novelty that has emerged. Innovations in institutional politics in Scotland; Creation of a new Parliament; Procedural changes in Scotland; Changes in political culture; Criticisms on `new politics' in Scotland.