- Looking at how social media can benefit school nursing practice. Sobande, Michelle // British Journal of School Nursing;Apr2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p151
The article considers the potential use of social media in the school nursing practice in Great Britain. Particular focus is given to the guidance issued by the Department of Health on the national school nursing service specification. Facebook and Twitter are cited as examples of technologies...
- SEO Conference. Low, George // Education Journal;Feb2002, Issue 60, p14
Reports on key issues relevant to education that were discussed during the annual meeting of the Society of Education Officers in Great Britain. Plea to the government to reduce funding streams for schools; Streamlining of different grants that account for the budget of schools; Policy...
- Enterprise education unlocking 'hidden talents'. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;7/19/2013, Issue 98, p2
The article offers information on the report titled Are We Ready? Enterprising education for an enterprise culture that has outlined challenges faced by organizations in the Great Britain which prevent them from offering enterprise education.
- New training targets. // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p11
Announces the availability of the consultation document entitled `Targets for Our Future' from the British government that invites views on target areas for education and training.
- Diplomas a big concern for school and college leaders. // Education (14637073);3/14/2008, Issue 304, p2
Information about several issues discussed at the 2008 conference of Great Britain's Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL) is presented. Topics include the British government's diplomas policy and the Department for Children, Schools, and Families' Children's Plan. Speakers included...
- World Congress tour offered. // Reading Today;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p41
Announces the special tour of Scotland and England co-sponsored by the College of Education and Office of Continuing Education starting on July 26, 2002.
- Comment. Leicester, Mal; Lovell, Tessa // Studies in the Education of Adults;Apr92, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p95
Outlines the responses of continuing education departments in Great Britain regarding their implementation of the recommendations of the University Council for Adult and Continuing Education (UCACE) report in 1990 titled, `Towards Equality.' Investigation of policy and practice of continuing...
- GET ON WITH THE SHOWS. Hogan, Kevin // Tech & Learning;Mar2014, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p4
The author announces the start of the show season for education technology (edtech). He informs that the "Tech & Learning" team hosted its own Tech Forum on January 17, 2014 in Long Beach, California, as well as attended the 2014 British Education and Training Technology (BETT) held on January...
- LSIS sets strategic direction for FE. // Education (14637073);2/20/2009, Issue 344, p5
The article reports briefly on the publication of the first mission statement by the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) since its formation in Great Britain in October 2009. The group is a merger of the Centre for Excellence in Leadership and the Quality Improvement Agency, both...