Firms urged to be more flexible about retirement
- Keeping Older Workers on the Job. G. Wagner, Cynthia // Futurist;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the efforts of governments in many developed countries to keep older workers working as of June 2003. Retirement policy reforms initiated in Japan, Sweden and Great Britain; Projected increase in life expectancy at birth in developed countries; Requirement in keeping older workers in...
- Mistakes Retirees Make: Not Knowing Your Goal. Simon, Charles // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p20
Provides tips on improving financial needs among retirees in the U.S. Consideration of the current lifestyle with the life after retirement to calculate cash expenses; Estimation of the required personal savings; Significance of estimating future financial needs to set real future goals.
- Ensuring Legal Peace. Segal, Jonathan A. // HR Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p103
Provides tips on securing an enforceable release of claims from dismissed employees. Benefits of observing certain procedural formalities in obtaining employee agreement to a release; Procedural requirements for securing enforceable releases; Provisions of the Older Workers Benefit Protection...
- Inflation and early retirement: recent longitudinal findings. Parnes, Herbert S. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul81, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p27
Examines the financial problems caused by the decline in the extent of work activity by middle aged and older men in the U.S. Effect on the social security system; Retirement expectations of men under age 65 in 1978.
- ABSTRACTS. // Gerontologist;Oct2000 Special Issue, Vol. 40, p23
Presents several abstracts about retirement. `An Aging Workforce in Transition: A Case Study of California,' by K.S. Shultz, B.W. Sirotnik and S.E. Bockman; `Who Are Young Retirees and Older Workers?,' by Kristen M. Kilker and Greg O'Neill; `Prior Occupation Predicts Personality in Retired...
- INTRODUCTION (PART II). Marshall, Victor W.; Walker, Alan // Ageing International;Winter99, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p10
Part II. Introduces a series of articles on the impact of age discrimination, culture, class and gender influences on retirement, as well as programs and policies to enhance the employability of older workers.
- THE GRAYING WORK FORCE. // Management Review;Sep85, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the pressure on the U.S. Congress to pass a federal law banning the practice of forced retirement at any age. Limit on the number of positions open to the young and minorities by voluntary retirement; Possible scenarios if mandatory retirement is outlawed.
- Reinventing Retirement. Whitaker, Leslie // DollarSense;Summer2000, p8
Focuses on the plans of senior citizens to continue working after retirement in the United States. Ways to maintain an active lifestyle; Need to link work with pleasure; Concept of the phased retirement. INSET: EARNINGS LIMIT REPEALED.
- LEGAL ADVICE COLUMN. Cotton, Ed // Heating & Ventilating Review;Feb2011, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
The article answers a question about legal issues involved in working after retirement.