- Equal Opportunity--To Become Unequal--To Be Selected. Zollitsch, Herbert G. // Industrial Management;Mar/Apr78, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Examines the problem of an equal opportunity for employment in the U.S. Discrimination charges; Labor laws and legislations concerning equal-opportunity hiring; Affirmative action programs.
- Preferential Affirmative Action in Employment. Gray, John A. // Labor Law Journal;Jan92, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p23
This article provides a legal analysis of preferential affirmative action in employment in the U.S. Discrimination is the illegal or impermissible employment decision, practice, or policy in the sense that it either takes into consideration one of the statutorily prohibited factors, or...
- THE PRESENT U.S. "FAIR EMPLOYMENT" AGENCY. // Congressional Digest;Mar1964, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p69
No abstract available.
- A SUMMARY OF THE PRESENT STATE FEP. // Congressional Digest;Mar1964, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p70
No abstract available.
- Moving beyond language and culture. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;10/20/2000, p27
Focuses on the evaluation of employees for staff appointments in South Africa. Impact of the Employment Equity Act on employee appointments; Account of the book 'Assessing Human Competence: Practical Guidelines for the SA Manager,' by Elaine Saunders; Importance of evaluation tests on employees...
- NEGOTIATING A SLIPPERY SLOPE: VOLUNTARY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AFTER JOHNSON. Sampson, Kathryn A. // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall88, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p201
Examines the development of affirmative action jurisprudence in the United States. Examination of whether the standards of validity for affirmative action under Title VII and the constitution; Constitutional and statutory limitations on affirmative action.
- LEGAL Q & A. Kaplan, Rochelle // NACE Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p6
Provides an overview of the various laws surrounding affirmative action in the U.S. as of fall 2003. Examples of conflicting messages about affirmative action; Step taken to avoid conflict with the equal protection clause; Basis for the prohibition of a state school or government employer from...
- COMMENT. // Employers Law;Feb2007, p7
The article presents commentaries about the proposed positive discrimination polices in Great Britain. According to Jacqui Randle, people support manager at West Bromwich Building Society, increasing employment opportunities of ethnic minorities could be done without mandatory affirmative action...
- State labor legislation enacted in 1975 . Bond, Deborah T. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan76, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p17
Presents labor legislation enactments by U.S. states in 1975. Equal employment opportunity in Alaska; Collective bargaining law for agriculture in California; Legality of child labor in Florida.