- Escape from the hamster wheel. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p9
Focuses on the Institute of Personnel & Development's national conference in Great Britain, on October 22-24, 1997, which highlights the need for alternative personnel management strategies. Need to break out from conventional strategies such as total quality management, lean production and...
- Chair and share alike. Pett, Frances // People Management;02/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p63
Discusses the events that transpired during the meeting of representatives from almost all Institute of Personnel and Development branches in Great Britain on January 27, 1999. Highlights of the event; Important landmarks reached in the meeting.
- Game on as HR faces the future. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;8/3/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p57
Highlights the professional standards conference held by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in July 2000. Importance of aligning personnel and development role to business strategy; Areas of personnel management that need improvement; Other issues raised at the conference.
- Never be the same again. // People Management;8/3/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p57
Highlights the conference sponsored by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in London, England in June 2000. Initiative of the government on tackling age discrimination in Great Britain; Views on work-life balance; Objective of the conference.
- CONFERENCE NEWS. // People Management;8/3/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p58
Presents information on personnel management conferences sponsored by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in 2000. Research findings on human resources management (HRM) and corporate performance; Change in HRM in the public sector; Discussion on work-life balance.
- EVENTS. // Resourcing;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 7, p6
A calendar of events related to human resource development in England is presented which includes Developing People, Organizations and HR Strategy seminar, Leadership and Talent Management seminar and Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Annual Conference and Exhibition.
- Success stories. // People Management;Sep2012, p7
The article discusses the 2012 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) conference.
- Innovation key to staffing issues. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;5/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p59
Focuses on the annual Recruitment and Selection conference to be held by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on May 22, 2001 at the Novotel London West in England. Highlights of the event; Information on the annual recruitment survey conducted by the CIPD; Significance of...
- Presenting the future. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;10/29/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p85
Features the Institute of Personnel and Development's national conference and exhibition at Harrogate International Center. Number of participating providers of personnel and development products and services; Information on subjects featured; Information on the video showcase; Discussion on...