- Raise the Minimum Wage. // America;08/26/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 5, p3
Editorial. Comments on the Federal Labor Standards Act passed by the United States Congress which increased minimum wage. Amount of the increase; Speculations on the negative effect of the legislation on employment; Highlights of the bill.
- 'Living' wage may be phased in. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p10
Provides information on the living-wage legislation in Westchester County, New York. Information on the measure; Wages imposed for employers with health benefits and without; Total deficit faced by the county in 2003; Business groups that oppose the measure; Arguments of the business groups...
- Minimum wage fuss goes on and on... Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;5/3/96, Vol. 88 Issue 111, p8
Reports on the legislation which aims to increase the minimum wage in the United States. Consequences if the minimum wage is increased from $4.25 to $5.15 an hour; Comments of economists on the increase of minimum wage.
- The minimum-wage scam. Bandow, Doug // Christian Science Monitor;5/3/96, Vol. 88 Issue 111, p20
Comments on the issues relating to legislative efforts to increase the minimum wage of workers in the United States. Republicans' opposition to a wage hike; Reasons why people receive low wages; Impact of a wage hike on employment.
- Statement on Minimum Wage Legislation. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/13/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p511
Presents the text of the statement made by United States President Bill Clinton on March 9, 2000 which deals with minimum wage legislation in the country.
- DC: Vote on Living Wage Pushed Back. // GPP eNews;6/21/2013, p1
The article reports on the decision of Washington, D.C. to extend until June 26, 2013 of any action on the Large Retailer Accountability Act, the proposed living wage bill requiring companies who have annual sales of 1 billion dollars or more to pay at least 12.50 dollars an hour to employees.
- MINIMUM WAGE LEGISLATION: GOALS AND REALITIES. Ragan Jr., James F. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Autumn78, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p21
Discusses the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act of 1977, which raises the hourly minimum wage in the U.S. Goal of the legislation; Drawback of the legislation; Economics of minimum wage; Association of poverty and income.
- Minimum wage to join bankruptcy reform. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/13/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 51, p39
Reports on the introduction of a minimum wage hike amendment to the bankruptcy reform legislation in the United States in September 1999. Proposal to increase the minimum wage; Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott's opposition against the proposal; Retailers' reaction to the proposed minimum wage...
- Letter to the editor. Dibble, Geoffrey // Caterer (2055-7817);12/4/2015, Vol. 205 Issue 4903, p23
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses compliance of businesses to the living wage legislation in Great Britain.