- Teamsters' workers ratify first contract. // Traffic World;12/6/93, Vol. 236 Issue 10, p26
Reports on Teamsters union employees' ratification of a union contract negotiated by the Office and Professional Employees International Union Local 2. First ratification in the union's history; Comments by union president Ron Carey regarding the ratification; Provisions of the contract.
- Doctors look to unions for political clout. // AHA News;3/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the partnership of a group of 2000 doctors operating the MDNY Healthcare, a health maintenance organization, with the Office and Professional Employees International Union to represent their organization politically.
- For models, a new guild with career advice and aid. Kolker, Robert // Back Stage;8/18/95, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p1
Reports that the Models Guild, Local 51 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union, has been launched to provide models career guidance and protection from scams and exploitation. Information on how to joint; Comments from founder and acting president Amie Bongay; Contact...
- New York Office & Professional. // Pensions & Investments;10/13/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p62
Focuses on the addition of an international equity allocation fund by the Office and Professional Employees Local 153. Changes which are expected as a result of the venture.
- Pilot unionization may be on the way. Furlow, William // Offshore;Sep97, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the successful union vote by pilots of offshore helicopter service provider Offshore Logistics for representation by the Office and Professional Employees International Union.
- Minority-bank employees nix first union bid. Adams, Alan E. // Banking;Jul72, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p6
Deals with union efforts to win representation rights among employees of minority-owned banks. Information on the campaign of the Office and Professional Employees International Union which focused on minority-owned banks; Cause of the labor union's defeat; Effect of wage controls on the labor...
- Another version of the Labour Day Classic. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/19/94, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p51
Reports that a dispute between two Calgary unions resulted in the Amalgamated Transit Union locking out its employees, members of the Office and Professional Employees International Union, on Labour Day. Concession and wage rollbacks; Bad year organized labor is having.
- CUNA Mutual, Union For 1,600 Workers Reach Deal. // Credit Union Journal;04/16/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 16
Reports that the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Mutual group employees represented by the Local 39 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) have ratified a three-year labor contract. Several provisions of the contract.
- Union Leaders Threaten CUs Viability In Ongoing Strike. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the strike launched by the Office of Professional Employees International Union against the management at Madison County Federal Credit Union in Indiana. Union's threat to encourage members to pull out deposits and loans from the credit union; Hiring of replacements for the striking...