HR managers set to drive through big McMakeover
- Light under a heat lamp. Arndorfer, James B. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/1/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p4
Consultant Larry Light has been hired to boost the image of fast food company McDonald's Corp. Light is to craft an advertisement campaign that will help Oak Brook, Illinois-based McDonald's win over teens and young adults, reverse a two-year same-store sales decline and erase memories of a...
- Rush on budget-brand vacancies. // People Management;7/2/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p10
The article reports that applications for jobs at retailer Primark and fast-food chain McDonald's in Great Britain is on the rise during the recession. David Fairhurst of human resources (HR) in McDonald's said that the fast food business is more resistant to the recession and the people they...
- McDonalds to pitch employer brand and recruitment account. Clews, Mary-Louise // Marketing Week;3/19/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p91
The article reports that McDonald's Corp. is to promote its employer brand and recruitment account. The fast food chain has announced that it would fill up to 25 percent of its vacancies by the long term unemployed. It is stated that its intermediary Oystercatchers would organize all the initial...
- soundbites. // Recruiter;6/1/2011, p18
The article presents the views of executives including Mike Sherry, Caroline Curtis, and David Thornhill, on the comment of the head of McDonald's in the Great Britain, Jill McDonald, on better opportunity of school leavers to get employed in burger bars rather than in university.
- 'No match' measures, drive-by pranksters put premium on retention in quick service. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;8/27/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p21
The author reflects on the difficulty of finding and keeping people in quick-service restaurants in the U.S. According to the author, the anti-illegal-immigrant crackdown on employers and employees when workers Social Security account information does not match official records and an...
- DRIVE-THRU SHOOTING. // Dolly;Oct2006, Issue 432, p44
The article reports on a worker at McDonald's fast food chain who was shot in the face while working in the drive-thru of the store in Melbourne, Victoria.
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // New York Times Upfront;3/16/2009, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p5
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the number of cars sold in China and the U.S. in January 2009, the number of new outlets that McDonald's wants to open for the year and the percentage of job losses in the U.S.
- McD food: Everything old now new again. Garber, Amy Zuber // Nation's Restaurant News;4/14/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p1
Details several strategies for fast food chain McDonald's Corp. based in Oak Brook, Illinois. Revival of cooking techniques and sauces; Dismissal of several employees; Restructure of company.
- Lovin' it. COTTRILL, MIKE // Smart Business Cleveland;Jul2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p49
The article features Ralph Alvarez, president and chief operating officer (COO) of McDonald's Corp. With 31,000 locations and 1.5 million employees as of July 2008, Alvarez unified the company through the differences of the company's employees. According to Alvarez, when they celebrate their...