Pension managers failing to prepare for euro launch
- Pension red tape under fire. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;01/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the concerns that pension policies in Great Britain will hinder the growth of private pensions according to the study findings from the National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF). Survey findings indicating the lack of confidence over the country's pension policies. INSET: GLOBAL...
- When will Green shoots appear? // Money Marketing;12/12/2002, p27
Comments on the predicted failure of the Green Paper on pension policy Great Britain in 2002. Problems affecting the Green Paper; Negative impact of the failure on pensioners; Desire for a meaningful change to be introduced by the Green Paper.
- Govt robs 'wealthy' to pay pensioners. Matthews, Graham // Green Left Weekly;3/11/2009, Issue 786, p7
The article focuses on the possible action of the Australian government to finance increased payments for single pension by reducing the pension paid to the so-called wealthy pensioners.
- What deems are made of. Freeman, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/02/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6198, p84
Focuses on the benefits of pensioner deeming accounts in Australia. Savings/transaction accounts of retirees; Response to the federal government's decision to tighten the rules governing pension eligibility; Structure of the tiering arrangements.
- Stirring the pot. Farrow, Paul // Money Marketing;2/11/2010, p41
In this article the author discusses various issues concerning the government's policy towards pension funds in Great Britain.
- Poland Plans Partial Takeover of Private Pension Funds. // Transitions Online;8/8/2016, p1
The article reports that Poland's Interior Minister Mariusz Blaszczak said will cut the average monthly payout of 536 dollars of former members of the communist security apparatus as part of major changes to the country's pension system.
- $6 billion will be farmed out as Swedes restructure state fund. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;07/12/99, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p3
Reports on Sweden's plan to reform its AP Fonden state pension system. Details of the proposed revision; Changes in investment policies; Inclusion of external money managers.
- Guidance on benefit and contribution limitations. // Practical Accountant;May95, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p65
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued guidelines on benefits and contributions for pension plans. Description of the guidelines' provisions.
- Warning on lifting small account threshold. // Super Review;Feb2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the warning issued by the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA), that significant insurance benefits could be lost to superannuation fund members if the Australian government will raise the threshold for small superannuation accounts to $4,000.