Hotline aims to prove that it's good to talk training
- British Telecom hangs on telephone book verdict. Grant, Alex // Printing World;6/12/2003, Vol. 282 Issue 10, p8
Reports on a complaint filed by rivals of British Telecommunications (BT) with Great Britain's Office of Telecommunications, claiming that BT was using the covers of its telephone directories to unfairly publicize its directories enquiries number. Deregulation of the Directories Enquiries...
- Purple Pages launch has hollow ring. // Printing World;12/16/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 11-13, p4
Reports on the postponement of BT's plans to launch the Purple Pages business directory in Great Britain. Reasons for the move of BT; Efforts of the company to compete with the market-leading Yellow Pages; Details on the printing style of Purple Pages.
- ASA slams BT for 'misleading' over ad for enquiries. // Marketing (00253650);7/17/2003, p3
BT has been rapped for misleading consumers into thinking that an advertisement for its new directory enquiries service was a 'public notice'. The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has upheld one of four complaints, ruling that the advertisement, which promotes new directories number 118 500...
- Sorry, wrong number, says BT. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;3/23/91, Vol. 129 Issue 1761, p26
Reports on the problems of British Telecom (BT) with a version of its Phone Base system which supposedly allows anyone with a personal computer and a model to log into the directory inquiries database through the telephone network and find a number anywhere in Great Britain; Problem with the...
- BT books Design House revamp. // Design Week;2/27/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p3
Reports on Design House's revamp of British Telecom PLC's residential phone directory in Great Britain. Competing directories in the market; British Telecom's plans to turn its phone book into a commercial asset.
- Books to bedding. // New Scientist;3/26/94, Vol. 141 Issue 1918, p11
Reports on the British Telecommunication PLC's recycling of old telephone directories through pilot schemes. Animal bedding; Home insulation; Car brake linings; Egg boxes; Annual number of recycled directories; Annual number of produced directories; Obstacle presented by the glue used to bind...
- Directory enquiries: which number, please? Grainge, Zoe // Utility Week;8/1/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p21
Presents information on the directory enquiries launched by British Telecom in Great Britain. Remarks from the Office of Telecommunications on the service; Types of tariff offered by telecommunication operators; List of companies that provide enquiry service.
- BT puts Â£5m into Phone Books job. // Marketing (00253650);6/8/2005, p5
The article reports that BT Group PLC is ploughing more than 5 million pound into an advertisement blitz for its Phone Books business, the last work for the telecommunication giant by Fallon London. The campaign, which breaks tomorrow, marks the return of last year's Phone Book Experiment, in...
- Arb in BT directories dispute over listings of 'architects'. // Building Design;11/19/2004, Issue 1651, p7
The article reports that Architect's Registration Board (ARB) has clashed with British Telecommunications PLC. (BT) after accusing the company of wrongly listing individuals as architects in its business directories. The registration board claimed there had been a proliferation of local business...