- Human resources and the bottom line. Zigarelli, Michael // Academy of Management Executive;May96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p63
The article focuses on human resource (HR) practices and research by Mark Huselid of Rutgers University. The study of firms in 35 industries in the United States found a connection between strategic HR management, employee turnover, and employee productivity that could improve profitability....
- The HR Scorecard: Linking People, Strategy, and Performance. Knight, Richard M.; Zaklad, Allen // Human Resource Planning;2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p50
Reviews the book 'The HR Scorecard: Linking People, Strategy, and Performance,' by Barry Becker, Mark Huselid and David Ulrich.
- A measured approach. Atkinson, John // People Management;8/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p40
Reviews the book `The HR Scorecard,' by Brian Mecker, Mark Huselid and Dave Ulrich.
- Measuring HR's Impact. Fyock, Catherine D.; Miller, Lynn; Lawson, Laura C. // HR Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p211
Reviews the book `The HR Scorecard: Linking People, Strategy and Performance,' by Brian Becker, Mark Huselid and Dave Ulrich.
- The Workforce Scorecard. Buckley, Patrick // CMA Management;Jun2006, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p6
The article reviews the book "The Workforce Scorecard: Managing Human Capital to Execute Strategy," by Mark A. Huselid, Brian E. Becker and Richard W. Beatty.
- The Successful Workforce. Thompson, Lance A.; Barlas, Stephen; Clinton, B. Douglas; Randall, Robert; Williams, Kathy // Strategic Finance;Jun2006, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p27
The article presents a review for the book "The Workforce Scorecard," by Mark Huselid, Brian Becker, and Richard Beatty.
- The proof of HR is in the profits. Roberts, Keith // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p42
Discusses research showing how human resource management strategies are best able to improve performance and increase profitability of a business. Parameters of relative profit performance; Contributions to competitive strength and productivity; Research investigation of key management issues;...
- Managers of small firms challenge stereotypes. Baron, Angela // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p59
Describes the findings of the research on how much the managers of small and medium-sized enterprises know about modern personnel management practices and their relevance to business needs. Managers recognition of the management theory; Discrepancy between the importance of managers; Variety...
- Journal round-up. // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p55
Presents reviews and researches about personnel management in Great Britain. Alternative organizational control systems; Value of day-off between day and night shifts; Success of total quality management; Trends in the economy and industrial relations in the country.