- Comment: BT points the way forward. // Utility Week;9/20/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p11
Comments on the financial performance of British Telecom. Dismissal of employees more than half of privatization levels; Increase in funds through the sale of European assets.
- BT to cull one thousand call centre jobs. // Utility Week;2/22/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the impacts of the reduction of British Telecommunication's call centers. Plans for the reduction; Information on the job cuts.
- movements. // Telecom Asia;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p19
Reports business developments related to the telecommunication industry. Release of the final list of eight preferred suppliers for the 21st Century Network by British Telecom PLC; Plan of UTStarcom to cut its global workforce; Ratification of the DVB-S2, the next-generation standard for...
- Corporate amnesia. // Futurist;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p7
Reports that companies are losing their corporate memory and competitive edge. Corporate memory as the collective knowledge learned by a company's employees through experience in both successes and failures; Downsizing and lay-offs as cause of corporate amnesia.
- GOOD BAD UGLY. // Network World;11/17/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p5
The article offers news brief related to computer and telecommunications industry. McColo, an Internet service provider (ISP) suspected of supporting cybercriminals in online scams and hosting child pornography as well as selling fake security software, is suspended from its connection to the...
- IN BRIEF. // Computer Weekly;10/30/2007, p4
The article offers news briefs related to the computer industry. According to reports of the Personal Computer Systems (PCS) Union, information-technology (IT) support jobs will be cut as part of the British Ministry of Defense's organizational downsizing plans. The customer accounts in BT Group...
- BT doubles job cuts to 30,000. // Computer Weekly;5/19/2009, p6
The article reports that BT Group PLC (BT) has announced plans to cut 15,000 more jobs after reporting massive losses for its latest financial year. It is restructuring its Global Services business, which reportedly had a disastrous year. The company reported a Â£134m loss for the year,...
- Untitled. Flinders, Karl // Computer Weekly;7/21/2009, p13
The article reports that British Telecom PLC (BT) is cutting 4,000 contract call centre jobs in India and bringing some of the work back to Great Britain. In contrast, Lloyds TSB Group PLC is continuing to cut its British workforce while its staff in India remain out of the firing line. A BT...
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p3
Presents international news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of April 30, 2001. Resignation of Sir Iain Vallance, chairman of the British Telecommunications company; Downsizing of Siemens AG; Lobbying efforts of three major mobile communication companies in the United States.